Chapter 3

Cara's POV:

The car ride to the airport wasn't filled with the usual flirty conversations or a looming comfortable silence between the pair, but instead an awkward and unsettling silence. There was tension in the air so thick it could be cut with a knife. Cara couldn't blame the younger girl for being upset, but it's not like she asked for Annie to come visit her. She's just as taken aback as the brunette beside her. The older girl had been looking forward to alone time with the other model for at least the next month, especially the way things had been going lately. In a way, Cara was satisfied to see Kendall squirm at Annie's presence because she knew she was jealous. The older girl decided to put the younger girl's patience to the test during the singer's visit and see just how much Kendall really wanted to be with her.

"Should I wait in the car?" Kendall asks, glancing at the blonde girl in the drivers seat with a blank expression.

Cara ponders her options for a moment and knows that publicity wise, Kendall should stay, but she craves her company.

"Come with me" The older girl responds, sliding on a pair of circular sunglasses.

The younger girl nods as Cara gets out of her 1997 M3 BMW and opens the door for the brunette beauty on the other side.

Immediately the pair spot fans beginning to stare their way. Kendall places her right arm on the small of Cara's back, making goosebumps rise almost immediately at the small contact.
"Go" Kendall says, pushing the older girl along into the building.

As soon as they enter the baggage claim, Annie is perched by the door as if she had been waiting for the blonde. She was leaning her side against the glass window and had a fairly small bag slung over her shoulder. She had managed to avoid paparazzi by tying a scarf over her head and wearing a large pair of sunglasses, but Cara knew the media had to have been onto them by now, especially since Kendall was there. Her long, slender, and dark legs were unmistakable and could be spotted from miles away.

Cara was nearing Annie now and the singer had a small smile perched on her pale face.

"Hello love" her girlfriend's thick accent says, taking Cara immediately into her arms.

The younger of the two reciprocates and can smell Annie's familiar scent, tobacco and mint. This was how all of Annie's clothes, homes, and vehicles smelled. The scent was oddly comforting to the blonde model.

"I still can't believe you're really here" Cara says, backing away and taking in Annie's full appearance.

She looked, good. She was practically beaming and had now pulled the scarf off to reveal a small bun on the top of her head.  She had on a turtle neck with a blazer and dress slacks with loafers.

"Why are you so dressed up?" Cara chuckles, looking down at her adidas sweats and large t-shirt.

Annie smiles a genuine and hearty smile, "I wanted to look good for you" she replies.

Cara feels herself beginning to blush and looks away.

"Kendall," Annie begins, turning her attention now to the taller girl beside Cara, "I didn't know you were coming"

The blonde girl glances at Kendall, anticipating her response a great deal.

The brunette smiled softly and let out a soft chuckle, "I didn't know you were coming either" she says dryly.

Annie's expression falls flat and immediately you can feel how awkward things were.

"We should get going" Cara says, attempting to end the encounter before it grows even more unbearable.