The Druid Sister

A row of farmers were travelling towards Camelot with their wagons. Most of them were hungry and tired whilst others felt wide awake with excitement brewing deep within their chests. This was the row an old white-bearded man joined along with his helpers. He had a smug grin on his face and a sparkle in his bright blue eyes. Travelling to Camelot at times like this was dangerous, but it was also a risk that every farmer that wished to feed his family had to take in order to survive. It was a risk that some with a slight different agenda agreed to take as well.

The travelers reached the gates of Camelot as the sun was at its highest. Here, a bunch of sourlooking guards were waiting to inspect their goods to make sure nothing and no one illegal entered the city walls. The white-bearded man was however not very satisfied with this process since it was very slow. He even made a grunt of annoyance.

A guard glared at him. "What'd be your business here old man?" he asked, crossing his arms. The guard was a very tall and seemed to care more for himself than others.

The old man made a face. "As you see, young man, I am travelling with this carriage filled with things I have spent my life growing and taking care of. Does it occur to you I might be here to make some money from these things?" he said sourly.

The guard glared daggers at the old man. "You better watch your mouth," he warned.

"Oh, could you just get on with it? I've come quite a long way to get here and earn my money! Will you let me pass through or do I have to keep on convincing you?!" The old man raised both eyebrows.

The guard simply glared at the old man, who was panting slightly after that speech. The guard took a long look at him, before he waved away the other guards, who had searched the carriage for intruders and suspicious items, with weary eyes. "Pass through," he muttered and let the old man gain passage. "But be careful. Not everyone here is prepared to show an old fool mercy anymore..."

The old man's answer was a snort before he took off towards the market place.

Then a fist connected with his shoulder. "Have you lost your mind?!" From under his hood, Arthur glared up at Merlin, who had used the aging spell to disguise himself. Beside Arthur were Gwaine, Cedric and Elyan whilst Alys and Morna walked on the other side of the wagon that Merlin was on. By the wagon in front of them were Percival, Leon, Elias and a few other men and women.

"I got us in," Merlin answered, rubbing his arm.

Arthur rolled his eyes with a frown, but didn't say any more.

"You should watch your blood pressure, Merlin," Gwaine said. "You are an old man after all." Both Gwaine and Cedric tried to suppress a laugh after that. Merlin just gave another snort and led them on. The lower town did not look like it used to. It was as if everything here had become somewhat darkened, like an eternal twilight rested over this place even now at daylight. The people that remained were poor and starving whilst only those who were selfish and cruel could thrive here. It was a grim sight and it made Arthur's heart ache. He became aware then how much he'd truly missed this place, how much Camelot still meant to him. This sight that met him only magnified his burning need to take Morgana down.

"We're here," Morna declared as they reached the market. Her voice was filled with fear, hate and maybe most of all determination. In this plan to save Camelot, Morna was to play a great part. She wore a dark hood that disguised her long blue dress. Wearing that she did not look like just a village girl, but a fine lady.

"Are you ready?" Alys asked her daughter, looking utterly worried and Morna simply nodded.

"I'm nothing but ready," Morna answered as they placed the wagons by a small townhouse. They were able to silently sneak away from them without any of the patrolling guards noticing in this sea of people.