The Quality of a True Friend

A feast in Camelot was always mighty one. Under Morgana it was changed in almost every aspect, since the guests were not all nobles, kings and queens as beforehand. The guests were sorcerers and others who had declared their loyalty to Morgana and her ways. The witch was seated in the queen's seat with a shiny crown on her head. Beside her was Mordred. He had been told of his sister's arrival at Camelot but could hardly believe it. Now, she was sitting right beside him, smiling like they'd never parted. Mordred had felt the strange connection between them instantly and after hearing her speak, he was not doubtful of what she said was true. Therein lay the greatest part of the deceit; telling the truth was indeed a very dangerous weapon. Morgana stood up then, silencing all conversation as she began to speak: "I'm glad to see so many have made it tonight. I would hate to see someone else become an enemy of this great place... and of me." Her eyes were icy as ever. "Enjoy." After she was once again seated, the food was brought in. Carrying this were Alys, Allena, Elias, Merlin and Arthur amongst the servants. They were in a place where Morgana would never look for them - and so she would not see them hiding in plain sight.

"Milady?" Merlin said, offering the queen wine. All she did was to wave him away like he was a fly. Smiling, Merlin did as he was told, going past Arthur to make him follow. Then the two of them headed towards the center of the room whilst all the guests ate and conversed.

"One could think of many things," Merlin croaked in his old form, making everyone look up. "But the sight of a witch on the throne is rare. Is this truly where she deserves to be?"

Morgana's eyes were like thunder. "It is very foolish of you to show up here on your own, Emrys. No one here is your friend."

Merlin's eyes were cold then. "Come now. You do not think that I've come alone, Morgana?" Arthur stepped forward, revealing himself much to Morgana's displeasure. He was even backed up by a few guards that supposedly should be on her side. Looking at them now, she realized they were all Arthur's knights; Gwaine, Elyan, Percival, Leon and then an unknown face in the form of Cedric.

"Arthur," she said. "Surprisingly, I see you're still standing, but not for much longer I swear to that." She raised an arm, ready to cast a spell, but Merlin's scream overpowered her.

"NOW!!" he yelled and Alys pronounced a spell. It worked as an enhancement; what they had been doing in Gaius and Merlin's old chambers was to brew a sedative that would knock Morgana and her accomplishes our for long enough so that they could get out of the citadel without getting caught. Everything else they would not have enough time for.

"Sweet dreams, Milady," Gwaine said as everyone that had eaten passed out and the 'intruders' ran for their lives.

"How long?!" Arthur yelled at Alys as they ran.

"Minutes!" Alys answered and ran after her daughter Allena.

It hit Arthur that someone was missing and he stopped, turning around to look back. "Merlin?!" he yelled.

A little rustling was all he heard.

"MERLIN!" he repeated.

Then running came towards him and it was Merlin as his young self. Arthur tried to hide his relief as they ran through the palace plaza and further out. They were headed for the huge clearing not far within the forest. It was big enough for two armies to meet and it was where all their supporters awaited them with eager. Only just arriving, they heard noise from the citadel. They knew Morgana's army was coming towards them with only one agenda; to kill them all where they stood.

Morgana and her army reached the clearing in no time. They were at least as many as the men behind Merlin and Arthur or perhaps they were even more. It would be sorcerer against sorcerer, guard against guard, knight against knight, man against man, king against queen and brother against sister. Beside Morgana were Morna and Mordred. They had never before looked so alike and Morna did not look like she was even faking her alliance with Mordred and Morgana. She was very good at what she did. From a distance, Merlin could see that Morgana was preparing a spell and so he did the same, getting ready to fight her. Both sorcerers had a mighty spell under way and as they clashed, thunder and lightning might as well have appeared. Each were pushing towards the other in a duel that no one had seen the likes of before. Morgana and Merlin were strong, no one could doubt it. But this was also Morna's chance to get her vengeance. Silently, she drew out a dagger she had been hiding under her cloak, nearing Mordred as she did so. This was her chance. She walked towards him with the knife, raising it up before anyone realized what she was doing and thrust it straight into her brother's side. Mordred let out an ear-piercing scream and made Morgana break off her duel with Merlin. Then Morna ran for her life, meeting a pack of knights that had hidden themselves halfway, only just managing to reach her; Morgana's men were right in Morna's heels, swinging their swords and starting the larger battle as Morna ran back towards the people she considered her real family as the battle truly began. Merlin, Alys and every other sorcerer had theirs to fight and so did Arthur, the men, and the knights. Everyone fought bravely, knowing their lives would depend on it. Morgana had murder in her eyes as she tried to get to Arthur, Merlin, and now also Morna, since she had hurt Mordred. Mordred himself was staring at his sister in pain because of her betrayal. He was white in the face as blood began to color his clothing in scarlet. He was trying to heal himself but never had enough time as someone kept challenging him. Morgana was aware. In her anger, she ordered someone to help Mordred as she went on to get who she came for.

"YOU WILL ALL PAY FOR THIS!!" she yelled, now going straight for Arthur. In her eyes burned a now almost blinding hatred.

When Merlin discovered, he ran as fast as he could towards his best friend. "ARTHUR!" he exclaimed. Morgana could not get to him first. Arthur was strong, but he had no way of fighting against the magic of a high priestess. With him were Elyan, Leon, Gwaine, Percival and Cedric who were ready to protect Arthur's life. But they would not have enough time to reach Arthur. With one look at each other, they all knew they had to go for Morgana in order to stop her. Merlin mumbled a spell, conjuring a whirlwind that made Morgana unable to locate Arthur. Merlin yelled at the king to run, but there was no time; Morgana fought off the whirlwind and was only meters from Arthur.

With Elyan as lead, the knights threw themselves towards her with their swords pointing at her chest. Unfortunately though, the evil smile on her lips made it clear she was prepared for this. Morgana managed to grab a sword from a fallen knight which she used to fight the knights. She used magic to send several of them flying away from her. Only one was left in the end and that was Elyan. He took one look at her as he set off to run towards her with one last look at Merlin and Arthur. He roared as he reached Morgana who let her sword pierce his chest.