Chapter 7: Awkward

Sunny looked away from Starflight shyly even though she knew he couldn't see her. "So..." he said tapping his claws against the ground. "Anything in particular you want to do?" He asked cracking a cheeky smile. She looked back at him and and smiled as well. 

      This was the Starflight she knew, calm,quiet and very polite. Well, most of time. He wasn't this hopeless romantic doing his best to show the girl he loved how great he was. 

      Sure he tried to prove he was a good dragon, but he tried to prove that to everyone. Everybody knew he was smart, it was clear as soon as you met Starflight he was the nerdy type, but he also wanted to prove to them he wasn't what they thought. He tried to prove he wasn't a weak coward, he wanted them to respect him.  Which must have been hard for him, because clearly he didn't think he was that great.

      It kinda reminded Sunny of herself. She always tried to prove she was not just some ditsy little kid, but she was always asking herself if she really wasn't. 

      Starflight was a good dragon, and she knew that. Not as caring and kind as Clay, but a still a really good dragon. That's why she was his friend, and why she loved him, but not enough to sincerely enjoy this date.

      "Umm...no." She replied staring at her claws. Starflight sat there just as quietly as before waiting for her to say more. "We can just talk." She said. 

      Starflight pulled another cheesy grin, trying to lighten the mood. Than he finally spoke again. "Sunny please tell me, if you are upset about something I can talk to you about it. I'm still your friend you know."

      Sunny was worried about something, actually multiple things. That she had kind've forgotton she was worried about. "Starflight I-I'm worried about Tsunami. She has been acting strangely care free. Tsunami's always on her toes though. She would never just act like something was no big deal. She worries about everything and does before she thinks. But ever since Turtle and Peril disappeared she acts like nothing is wrong, and-"

      "Denial." Starflight interrupted. "What?" Said Sunny puzzled. "Denial" Starflight said again. "Tsunami is in pure denial"