Chapter I

Rey's POV:

"BEN!!" Han cried out while walking towards his son, hoping that his words would convince him to rejoin him and his mother in the Resistance.

Finn and I observed the unleashing of events from one of the balconies, anxious of what would happen next.

Kylo Ren turned back and faced his father returning to his talk posture with his head held high.

"Han Solo. I've been waiting for this day for a long time. " His voice rang darkness and hate.

"Take off that mask. You don't need it," Han begged as he took a few more steps closer to his son.

I only hoped that Han Solo would succeed in bringing out the good which he believed still lingered in Kylo.

"What do you think you'll see if I do?" he asked.

Han solo stepped closer and closer until the distance between him and Kylo Ren was only a few inches. He responded with full confidence and assurance.

"The face of my son."

He remained still until both his arms rose to remove his mask. He didn't waste a second in contradicting his father. "Your son is gone. He was weak and foolish like his father, so I destroyed him. "

"That's what Snoke wants you to believe, but it's not true. My son is alive," Han insisted.

"The Supreme Leader is wise. "

The insecurity of his voice was evident to me.. He wasn't completely sure if what he said was true. He was afraid and he didn't know how to control his fear. Could it be he doubted his alliance to the First Order?

"Snoke is using you for your power. When he gets what he wants, he'll crush you. You know it's true. "

"It's too late," he quietly spoke.

"No, it's not. Leave here with me. Come home. We miss you."

"I'm being torn apart. I want to be free of this pain. I know what I have to do but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?" It shook me a bit to see him so broken, so weak. I never would imagined a monster to have a soul, but was he really a monster or was that just a disguise? There was still light living in Kylo Ren and a part of me knew he was capable of reversing his actions.

"Yes. Anything. "

Kylo Ren pulled his lightsaber towards Han and he placed his hand on it as a sign of support, waiting for his son to give it up. He didn't. That small hope I felt towards him was crushed when he did the unexpected. He lighted his lightsaber and impaled his father without hesitating.

Chewie hollered in the loss of his best friend as I screamed in heartache to watch the man I admired being murdered before my eyes by his only son. He really was a monster.

Right before Han fell towards he placed his hand on his sons cheek as a last sign of love. It broke my heart even more to see that Kylo had never valued the love his father had for him. Han had done everything in his power to save his son. He had a family who loved him and cared for him and he threw it all away for power.

Chewie's anger led him to shoot Kylo with his crossbow, managing to hit him on the side which caused him to fall onto his knees.

How could he live with himself? If I hated him before than now I despise him completely. Whatever good they saw in him before was no inexistent, he couldn't be saved.

I could feel the tears staining my cheeks and when Kylo looked up to face me it only caused me to grit my teeth in frustration..

Finn placed his hand on my back and made small circles in hopes of calming down. When he saw Kylo eyeing both of us he quickly took a hold of my hand and lead me out behind him.