Chapter XIV

A/N: So this is just a filled chapter before the final chapter. I'm sorry it took me a while to write because ap testing is coming soon and I've been working my butt to study as hard as possible. It's a reason why this chapter might not be as good as the others, but hey I tried. Enjoy and don't forget to comment and vote!

Luke's POV

A week had passed by since the death of Rey. Nothing more was talked about except her tremendous bravery and her success in brining back General Organa her son. Her death had caused both Finn and Ben to fall sick. Finn struggled to live as the guilt of killing his best friend consumed him whole. The horrible nightmares kept him up at night with no rest. He relived the moment every single day which was torment for him .

I felt pity for the boy. He loved his best friend and he thought killing Ben would bring her peace, but he had never imagined she would have stood in between and trade her life for his.

Ben on the other hand refused to eat. He would talk to no one, not even his mother. He laid in his bed completely mute. From time to time a single tear would escape from his eyes and everyone could tell he was thinking of her.

There were times when I wanted to console him, but I found him best to be at the care of his mother. She was the only one who could understand the pain he was suffering.

I was also grieving the loss of Rey. I spent the most time hovering before her grave hoping she'd appear just like my father did after his death. I had been her guardian for most of her childhood until I had to send her away so she could remain protected. The memories of training her still replayed in my mind constantly. She was my only student who had grown interested in all the tales of the Jedi who lived long long ago.

My memories were so vivid I could swear I saw tiny Rey sitting patiently like she used to, begging to tell her more stories.

"Tell me more Master Luke. Tell me more."

Rey would jump up and down while tugging my robe in efforts to convince me.

"One more and then you go to sleep alright."

She'd nod her head and jump into bed and waited for me to start.

I'd Tell her the story of my father before he turned to the dark side. I remembered describing his ability for mechanics since hers was similar. I told her about how my mother and him met and how they had married in secret because it wasn't allowed for Jedi to marry. I'd tell her of the brave battles my father had fought alongside Obi- Wan Kenobi and I'd end right before my father turned.

"Where is your father now?"She asked.

"He's in a better place" I'd respond.

"What about my father?

I never had any answer for who her father was. When she was given to me I didn't ask questions about her father, but I knew enough to know her family line.

Once she grew older, I began teaching her the ways of the force. She was fascinated by everything I taught. She was the strongest force user of the younglings I taught and she knew it.

There was also Ben, my nephew. He desired to have too much knowledge of the force since he began training with me. The dark ways were already present in him and I intended to teach him the correct ways of the force for his mother. The last thing she wanted was for her son to follow in our fathers footsteps and I had failed her.