Chapter XIII

A/N:
Here's another chapter that made me sob countless times. It's the longest chapter I've ever written and I hope you guys enjoy it. There are only two chapters left and this book will probably be finished in the next two following weeks. Thank you for reading, don't forget to vote and comment.

Ben's POV:

I felt dead. There was no point in living if the thing you loved was taken from you. I didn't have any fight left in me. I was already viewed as weak and a traitor by the rest of the First Order ever since they discovered the reason why I killed Hux. They would have found out sooner or later, at this point it didn't matter. The only reason Snoke kept me alive is because he believed I could distract Rey while the rest attempted to kill her. Those were not my plans though. I didn't care if the attack failed or succeeded, I was only interest in having the opportunity of explaining myself to Rey. Snoke could threaten my life all he wanted, but at the end of the day his threats were meaningless to me.

Few still took orders from me, the rest responded to Snoke. Everyone feared of the consequences of failing Snoke knowing their fates lied in his hand. If members of the Resistance survived, he wouldn't hesitate in slaughtering those who returned unsuccessful. Followers of the First Order praised the Supreme Leader, but he was a coward who never fought, but instead sent people to fight in his name. Not even now was he willing to take responsibility for the deaths caused by his desire to see the Republic burn to pieces. The old me would have sided with him. If I had never met Rey, I would've happily agree to annihilate whoever Snoke ordered me to. Now, I could care less of who he wanted dead.

"Focus Kylo," Snoke interjected. "If I were you I'd be more worried of what's at stake if I don't get what I want."

"If you want the rebels dead you should kill them yourself."

"Fiesty Kylo, you should save your bravery for the battlefield," he snarled. " Looks like everyone else boarded, now it's your turn."

Lines of Stormtroopers were already boarded along with their generals, each one carried their own blaster.

He escorted me to the largest aircraft were the greatest number of Stormtroopers were contained. He was afraid I would commit some idiotic decision.

"Don't trigger my anger Kylo, I expect perfect results." He gave me one last smirk before the aircraft door was sealed tightly behind him.

Pilots instructed the onboard deflector shields to be turned on immediately. The majority of the stares were directed towards me, they all doubted my allegiance. I would not fight alongside them, not anymore. My alliance to the First Order had ended the moment I had fallen in love with Rey.

It was nothing but silent as we waited to arrive at the base of the Resistance. No one spoke a word, no one moved a muscle. No one had anything left to say. For most it was their last moments of life before they were assassinated. For their sakes I hoped not one of them survived, who knew what type of torture Snoke had in store for them.

By the time of about an hour we were only a few feet above ground before the first shuttle landed on the terrain of the rebels.

"I don't see anyone," called out the main pilot. "There's nothing but rocks and dirt."

Sure enough as I made my way to the front by a window, there were only boulders. Not a single person was in sight. Rey probably told them about our arrival. They were hiding from us. She was on their side. The first blast was shot, hitting a shuttle directly on the wing and causing it to crash down. Millions of more shots flew from all different directions. Our shields did their best to put up with all the damage, but eventually they could no longer hold up.