chapters 4-6

Chapter Four

"Hey, get up. I have to take you to school. Your brother just got back from work and Jade just left for school. You have thirty minutes to get ready." Sirius is standing at the door, wearing only his boxers.

"Could you at least wear pants? This is not just your home. Now get out of my room." I throw my pillow at him.

“No one told you to look. Now get up.” Sirius slams my door on the way out.

Well someone is not in good mood. I wonder if he is on his period. I can’t honestly say I didn’t enjoy the sight of him in his boxers, though. What am I saying? He is just another other guy I know. Luna, just get ready and do not think about anything else. You can do this. He might have a six pack but you have a brain. What the hell does that mean? I thought that and I do not even know what it means. I think my brain is acting weird on me. I have to get that checked.

“Okay, I am ready for school.” Sirius opens the front door.

“Nerd. I cannot believe I like a nerd,” Sirius says, mumbling the last part.

“Could you please repeat the last part? I couldn’t understand you.” He doesn’t reply and just gets into the elevator.

Did he just ditch me? It’s not like if I’m not going to see him. He’s not that smart.

Wait, Sam does not know who Sirius is. She has no idea what has been going on the past few days. Shit, I am going to have to explain this to her. But I do not want to and I don’t even know where to begin. I want to keep Sirius a secret because I know Sam would love him, but I do not want anyone to love him but me. What the hell am I saying? I do love him. Oh, man, this cannot be happening. He is like three years older than me. Well, now that I think about it, we did kiss two days ago and he said he kissed me because he wanted to. And deep down I wanted to kiss him but I did not say it. Okay Luna pull yourself together, he is just another guy. I do not even know he was telling the truth. I need to have a long conversation with him.

“Who is Sirius?” Sam shakes me.

“That is Sirius and he is my friend.” Sam faces Sirius and gags.

“He is ugly and not even rich.” Sam slaps me.

“What the hell is wrong with you? You have been acting weird and it is not like you. You can call me when you are back to normal. And, by the way, Sirius is a great person.” I get into Sirius’s car.

I thought Sam would like Sirius. She used to say guys like Sirius made her all wet. Now she wants a guy who is rich and good looking. What the hell? She used to make fun of guys like that. What is wrong with her?

“I have to pick my sister up. Is that okay with you?” Sirius stops at the light.

“Yeah, that’s fine. Sirius, what do you think of me?” I ask, causing Sirius to tighten his grip on the steering wheel.

“I really do not want to talk about that right now. But, you are not that bad looking and you’re pretty smart. Some guys do not like that in a girl because then they talk a lot, but I think they are wrong. I mean, sure, they are going to talk a lot, but it is not going to be about stupid things. I do not know how else to put it. You make it hard for me to think.” I blush.

“I have no idea what you just said but I do know this that was a complement and I can work with that. Would you ever date me?” Sirius breaks fast.

“Luna, why are you asking me this? I am very uncomfortable talking about this with you. But, I am going to answer you to get it over with. I do like you, but I am three years older than you. Look, it is not you, it is me. You see, my sister is your age,” Sirius replies as he starts driving again.