11

A/N: The italicized part is a flash back

*unedited*

A little over two weeks later

I walked out of the church doors dressed in my black dress, black stockings, and black shoes. I wiped my nose harshly with the back of my hand as the tears that were cascading down my cheeks were slowly coming to a stop.

As soon as I walked out the double doors I was finally able to breathe. The cold air felt good against my skin, brushing my hair off my shoulders and letting it fall onto my back.

I crossed my arms over my chest and occasionally rubbed my hands up and down my arms for warmth. I heard the doors behind me creak open then thud as it was shut.

Before I could turn a see who it was a jacket was laid on my shoulders. I tugged it closer to my body as the person stood next to me.

"Are you okay?" he asked me.

I scoffed. Not at him, or out of anger or annoyance, but at the word 'okay'

"When is anyone ever really 'okay'?" I harshly stated. "Never; that's the answer. No one is every okay, there is always something happening or going on at the back of their mind that's causing them some type of anger, sadness, or frustration"

"The more that I think about it," I let out a small, exasperated laugh. "I can't really think of one moment when I was 'okay'" I turned to look at him.

His blue eyes were piercing into mine. The yellow specks that were scattered in the sea of blue were burning bright. "Sam," he breathed out my name sympathetically.

"Don't." I stopped him, "Just don't." my voice cracked as my jaw trembled. My eyes watering as tears threatened to fall once more.

A tear slipped out as I blinked, his hand rose to my cheek and lightly brushed it away. "Please don't cry," he whispered.

He let his hand linger on my cheek for a while longer. It was so gentle and full of love and comfort that I couldn't help but let the rest of the tears that I've been holding back finally come out. And in a blink of an eye, I was enveloped in his arms and crying into his chest.

That was three days ago.

It's been three days since we laid Ray down. Three days since I saw Niall. He's been texting and calling me, wanting to hang out or something, but I've made no effort in responding back to him.

I look at my phone and it's 7:55am. Five minutes until I have to get ready for work. I let my phone drop to my side and I let out an over exaggerated sigh.

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling, waiting for my alarm to yell at me to get out of bed. I picked up my phone and looked the time again. 7:56.

I turned on my side and decided to go through my social media accounts. I checked the weather and it was 27° out with winds of 7mph. I looked at the time again, 7:58.

Not wanting to wait for my alarm I decided to get up and just get ready. I laid out my uniform on my bed and jumped into the shower.

I quickly got ready and walked to work in the freezing wind. "Hey girl!" my coworker Rachel, who was the hostess, greeted me as I walked through the door.

"Oh my god, it's so warm in here," I sighed and dropped my shoulders. "Hey, Rach," I walked up to her and gave her a hug. "How are you?" I asked.

She laughed, "I'm good, how about you?" she responded.

"I'm fine," I gave her a smile and a light pat on her shoulder as I walked past her.

My shift started at nine and ended at two. I've been doing the lunch shift for the past few days. The rush, the busyness, the commotion, and the people helped me get my mind off of things.

I walked up to the hostess podium and looked at the map of the restaurant. "Do I have any more tables?" I asked Rachel.

"Uhm," her fingers hovered over the many squares, rectangles, and some circle shapes that were tables. "Yes!" she pointed at the one square. "Last one for today, then you're done," she gave me a smile.

I playfully rolled my eyes at her and laughed a bit at her enthusiasm. I walked over to the waiter and waitresses station and refilled my straws and napkins. I grabbed two menus and walked to table.

As I was about to turn the corner to the table I heard Kate. "Sam!"

I quickly turned on my heel and looked at her; she was waving her hands above her head like a five year old. I rushed to her, not wanting her to cause a commotion.

"What do you want?" I hastily said.

"Well, hello to you too, princess," she whispered in my ear as she pulled me into a hug. "I've missed you, how are you?" she said as she pulled away from me.

"I'm fine, now why are you here? I got to get back to work," I tried to speed things up.

"We need to hang out, Sam. I have a lot to tell you. We haven't really seen each other since-"

"I know, I know," I cut her off. "I'm sorry, I just needed time for myself, but yeah. We can catch a movie or something tonight."

She nodded, and I took that for that was what she came here for. "Okay, well, I'll text you tonight," I started walking off but stopped as she called out my name again.

"I'm actually eating here today," she smiled.

"Oh," I vaguely said.

"Yeah," Rachel squeezed in, "she's actually at your table."

I looked at Rachel then to Kate; who had a smile on her face. "Well, come on," I motioned for her to follow me.

As we went around the corner that led to her table I turned my head to ask her, "who are you here with?"

I was about to set down the menus when someone spoke. "Samantha," said an all too familiar voice.

I snapped my head to the seat opposite of Kate and saw him there. "Niall," I breathed out in confusion and in surprise. 

A/N:

hey guys :) hope you enjoyed this chapter! I've been having writers block recently and it sucks :(

don't forget to vote and comment! tysm for all the reads!

love u cuties xx