25

I haven't seen Niall this happy since we first met. He was beaming. His smile was wide and constantly on his face. Since three days ago, when I kissed him, he has become mushy. Like putty in my hands.

It may have to deal with the fact that we're 'dating' now, but us 'dating' isn't entirely true. I still have to end things with Nathan. But I can never seem to find him. Nathan won't pick up his phone, whenever I go to his apartment he's not there, even Jake hasn't heard from him in a few days.

I have a feeling Kate must have told him something and he's been avoiding me. Right now, I am walking down the streets that are close to my apartment with Niall at my side, smiling like a kid in a candy shop, and my arm is linked with his. "Everything alright?" Niall asked, catching me staring at him.

I nodded, smiling at him. How lucky am I? I've noticed a few girls giving me a stare as we passed them. They obviously can't believe a girl like me got someone as good looking as him. Believe me, I don't either. "Have you contacted Nate yet?" He said in a low voice.

I took a deep breath, untangling my arm from his, shoving my hands into my back pockets. "No, I think he's avoiding me." I mumbled. Niall stopped walking, I turned on my heel to face him. "Samantha.." He trailed off. I already know what was about to come. He's been doing this bit for the past few days.

"I know, I know," I groaned, "I'm trying, though, I just can't seem to catch him. He's not answering my calls or texts and he's barely home or at work. Trust me, Niall, I don't want to lead this thing between Nate and I any longer than you do." I looked up at Niall who loosened his jaw. I didn't notice him tensing it.

"It just gets annoying at times," he sighed, "knowing that you aren't fully mine." I smiled adoringly at him. I walked over to him, with his arms in his pockets, I linked my arms in the space given between his arms and torso, clasping my hands together at his back. I leaned my head against his chest, feeling his heart beat against my temple. Looking up at him, I leaned my chin against his chest and smiled, whispering, "Soon."

Niall moved his hands out of his pockets and wrapped his arms behind my head, pulling me close. I heard him take a deep breath. I smiled into his chest. "Let's go check if he's working today." Niall quickly said, removing his arms from me and pulling me by my hand.

"What a way to ruin the mood." I muttered. He turned his head, a bright smile beaming at me. "Heard that." He winked and continued pulling me behind him.

----------

Niall pulled me to the glass window of the Starbucks that Nate worked at. I covered my eyes with cupped hands to be able to see inside. My eyes were scanning the place all over. I caught a few people's eyes and they started to giggle. I looked at the counter. He was there!

I felt relieved for a moment, then a rush of panic came. I jumped back and ran around the corner. Hoping Nathan didn't see me. Niall came after me, his arms flailing up and down. "What's the matter? He's there!" He sounded irritated.

"Well, I am, surprisingly," I added sarcastically, "a bit scared to break up with him." I crossed my arms and put all my weight on one foot.

"Sam, he's here. We don't know when you'll find him again. Might as well and get it over with now." He muttered.

My eyes narrowed at him. My voice got a little higher. "Well, why don't you do it?! Since it's obviously so easy for you to break up with someone, go break up with him." Niall stared at me with a blank expression. I nodded my head, motioning him to go on.

"Fine." He turned on his heel and started walking away from me. I muttered something in gibberish that I don't even know what I said. I ran after him and pulled him back by the arm. "No! Don't!" I whispered harshly.

"What now?" He groaned.

"I'll do it. I don't know what you'll say, you might start a fight." I laughed a bit at the end.

"Oh, my God!" He ran his hands through his hair. "You're so confusing." He grabbed my face by the sides in a loving yet annoyed kind of way.

"I was panicking and you made it worse by getting mad at me! No one likes getting mad at when they're under pressure." I scolded him. Niall rolled his eyes and gave me a push around the corner.

I stood in front of the door. Taking deep breaths trying to calm myself. I quickly jumped back as someone pushed the door open. "Oh!" It was an old lady. "I am so sorry, sweety. I didn't see you!" She apologized

"It's okay! Please, don't worry about it." I grabbed the door from her, allowing her to walk out. She said sorry once more and I walked in. The sweet smell of coffee filled my nose. I took a deep breath and smiled. I looked over at Nate. He was at the cash register, smiling at the customers. I lined up.

Once I got to the counter, Nate was walking back from making the previous drink. He stopped for a second in his tracks before looking over at his coworker. "I'm going to take a quick five minute break." He walked out from behind the counter and motioned for me to follow him.

We sat down at the back table. Nathan was hunched over the table, barely looking at me. "Nate," I started but he stopped me by putting his hand up. "I already know, Sam." He finally stared up at me. "Kate told me."

"Oh."

"I mean," he played with his hands, "I guess I kind of new that you two would end up together. I'm just lucky I got to be with you, you know?" He laughed. "Niall is a lucky fella. You're a catch." Nate smiled at me. "No hard feelings, don't worry, Sam." He started to stand up and I stumbled getting up.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" I finally mustered up the words.

He shrugged. "I guess I wasn't ready to face the reality. Until reality walked into my work." He gestured at me. I pulled him in a hug before he could think about what was happening. "Whoever ends up with you will be just as lucky." I whispered.

We both said our goodbyes. I walked out of the door and he walked behind the counter. When I walked out, I saw a blonde head peak out of the corner. "Did anyone call the police on you yet?" I put my hands on my hips and Niall walked out of the corner.

"No, but I'm pretty sure I scared the poor old lady who almost knocked you out with the door." Niall rested his arm across my shoulders. "Everything okay, babe?" I smiled at his pet name. It felt good, nice, like I was supposed to be called that.

"Everything is fine." I smiled up at the gorgeous man before me. The gorgeous man who had clear, ocean blue eyes. Who had brown hair roots growing into blonde hair. Who had a faint stubble from not shaving this morning. The gorgeous man who made my heart skip a beat whenever he smiled at me. "Babe." I added. Niall snapped his eyes at me, his lips were pulled into a wide, beaming smile.

A/N:

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter :) I found the end of this chapter pretty cute

Don't forget to vote and comment!

love u cuties xx