18

Two weeks have passed by since my argument with Niall.

Kate has been checking up on me daily. Asking if I'm okay or if I'm eating properly and showering daily. But it wasn't like we broke up. I mean, yes, we got into a huge argument and whatever we had has ended but the effects afterwards wasn't like a break up.

I was, honestly, fine. I felt great about myself, more confident, and more sense of my self-worth. I shouldn't be feeling like how I am given of the things I've said towards Niall out of anger, but I am and I can't help it.

Niall has been calling me constantly but I never pick up. He's been texting me daily but I never reply. He's left me dozens of voicemail messages but I never once listened to them.

Most of his messages contained the words "I'm sorry" and "I'll never hurt you again" and what-not. I usually just opened the chat, glanced at it briefly, then delete it. But today was something new.

From: Niall Horan 5:58PM
It was only supposed to be temporary.

I stared at the message for quite some time. Trying to process what he meant by it. I knew it was supposed to be 'temporary' because it was a bet, but I wasn't sure what he is trying to get at.

Pulling my bottom lip between my teeth, I thought about it. I let my thumb hover over my phones screen. Reluctantly, I tapped on the message bar and started to reply.

To: Niall Horan 6:02PM
Supposed to be?

I shoved my phone in my pocket and walked into my kitchen, pouring myself a cup of water and gulping down because I suddenly felt hot. It was that time of the year between winter and spring where in the morning it's freezing but in the afternoon it's scorching hot.

I looked down at my legs and saw that I desperately needed to shave. Pouring and gulping another cup of water, I walked to my room and grabbed my towel.

I was running the water in the bath tub deciding to have a bath when my phone dinged. I quickly snapped my head to the area where my phone lay. Staring at it with wide eyes while frozen in place. It dinged again, snapping me out of my trance.

Grabbing my phone and quickly unlocking it, I read the notification bar. Niall Horan. It's been two weeks since I last talked to him and it felt like I was texting a total stranger.

From: Niall Horan 6:05PM
I can explain if you want me to.

From: Niall Horan 6:06PM
Can we talk over dinner?

I nervously tapped my fingers against the counter that I leaned on for support. Sighing, I replied.

To: Niall Horan 6:07PM
How about lunch? Tomorrow? I get off around noon.

From: Niall Horan 6:07PM
Sounds great. I'll pick you up.

I got into the bath.

-------

"I know, Kate! But I was curious about what he meant!" My head was laid back against the tubs side as I yelled out to Kate.

Kate let herself in while I was in the tub. I was deep in thought when I heard my front door slam. Out of fear, I sunk down into the water trying not to make any sound. The water was up to my lips as I heard the bathroom door slam open.

Shutting my eyes tight and silently praying that I won't get killed in my bath tub, I heard footsteps get louder.

Suddenly, hands were on the sides of the tub and a loud "Hey!" was shouted causing me to scream bloody murder.

My hands flew to the air dragging water with it that somehow ended up splattering up towards the ceiling. My screaming combined with Kate's screaming did not help the situation. My hands were repeatedly splashing water towards her, soaking her. And my feet were trying to get a grip on the slippery bath tub bottom to stand up but miserably failing.

"It's me!" Kate let out a blood curdling scream that caused me to stop splashing around and look at her.

I removed the hairs that were sticking to my face and gave her a stare. "Say something before you come in here scaring the living shit out of me, for crying out loud!" I sunk down into the water that was still in the tub while she went to change.

"I know you were curious, hell, I am too, but what is this?" Kate yelled back from the living room. "'How about lunch tomorrow? I get off around noon,'" she quoted me, "You practically asked him on a date!"

I groaned and crawled out of the tub. Drying myself with my towel, I lingered a few seconds feeling my legs because I managed to shave my legs. After wrapping my hair and body with towels I walked out into the living room where Kate was scrolling through my phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"Scrolling through your instagram."

"You have your own, go on yours!" I laughed and snatched my phone from her grip. At the exact same moment, my phone buzzed. Vibrating and dinging at the same time.

Kate gave me a questioning look and I gave her one right back. I looked down at the lighten up screen and saw his name. Niall Horan.

"He texted me again." I spoke monotonously, not expecting him to have texted me.

"What does it say?" She adjusted herself on the couch.

Unlocking my phone and clicking on the message icon, I read it. "He wants to have dinner tonight."

A/N:

Hi guys! This book has gotten a lot of attention lately! I'm so glad you guys like it! :)

Thank you all so much for over 10k reads! This is absurd! Thanks also for all the lovely comments and messages about this book :) you lot are too nice.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I can't wait to write the next one :)

Don't forget to vote and comment!

love u cuties xx