Part 1: Why Me?

Authors note
----------------
I have lots of plans for this book so I hope you enjoy it. A picture of Dylan on the side. Love you cuties.
----------------

The sound of lockers slamming surrounded me. Why does Dylan love me? Out of all the people he could have, he chooses me. Why? I grab my science folder and slam my locker. I turned to go to class but was only met face to face with Dylan. I sighed.

"What do you want?" I said kind of annoyed

"Whoa everyone watch out miss badass over here" he said holding his hands up in surrender. I giggled.

"Shut up" I laughed. He smiled at me.

"Let me take that" he said grabbing my books from my hands. Which made me blush a little. We walked to science class in a comfortable silence. I couldn't help but study his face. He is pretty hot. He has dark black hair, and light blue eyes. Kind of like the color of the sky, but in the morning.

"Alrighty, have fun in science" he said in a teasing way. I rolled my eyes and walked into class.

*

*

The sound of the bell made me jump. I always fall asleep in science. The teacher never pays attention so it doesn't matter.

"Hey buttercup how was science" Dylan said, of course he's waiting outside of my class. I hate when he calls me buttercup. It makes me blush.

"Long and boring" I said

"Aww did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed" Dylan teased. I grinned and playfully shoved him.

"So what's on the agenda today" I said. Dylan takes me somewhere everyday after school to show how much he loves me. I tried getting him not to but it's no use. He's hard to budge.

"I thought we'd do paintball today, then get some ice cream" he said nonchalantly

"Sounds perfect" I said excitedly, he knew it was my favorite thing to do.

"Okay, well see you then" he said with a wink. I winked back at him in a joking way.

*

*

*

I threw my backpack over my shoulder and practically crawled home. I hate school. What's the point. I'll carry a calculator around for the rest of my life. I pushed the door open to my house.

"I'm home" I yelled so my parents know I'm not some murder or something. I threw my stuff on the ground and kicked my shoes off. Now for the real struggle. What am I going to wear to paint balling. I shrugged and grabbed some denim shorts that went mid-thigh and a black t-shirt that had all the moon phases on it.

"Where's Dylan taking you today?" My mom asked

"Paintballing and ice cream" I said nonchalantly (nonchalantly- in a cool, not caring way).

"Okay" she approved

I smirked a little and threw my hair in a ponytail. Time to go. I grabbed my phone and my keys and I was on my way.

*

*

Dylan was wearing a plain white t-shirt and some jeans. He looked really good. His hair was a mess, but it looked good on him. Lazy looked good on him. He looked me up and down. I rolled my eyes and blushed.

"Stop" I said giggling

"I can't help it, you look beautiful, it's too bad I'm going to have to ruin it with paint" he said

"Oh you wish you could at least get me once, but you can't" I said my arms crossed over my chest.

"Is that a bet?" He asked one eyebrow raised.

"Maybe" I said with a teasing smile

"Bring it" he challenged

"Consider it brought" I pushed even further. We shook hands. I've got this. I've been doing this since I was little. He doesn't know that though. I slipped the goggles on and the coat they give us and grabbed my paint gun. It's on.

*

*

"I WON" I said

"NUH UH" he yelled. He is so childish. I won I shot him like 20 times. He only got me once. I am the winner. He is the loser. I guess I'll be the bigger person though. I don't like to argue with him.

"Fine. You won" I lied

"YES" he yelled throwing his goggles off and his arms up in victory. I giggled, he is a dork. Then he gave me a mischievous look and ran away. Oh no. I ran after him. I can't find him anywhere. Where did he go? I heard rustling come from a bush. I looked at it puzzled when a dark figure jumped out from behind it and tackled me to the ground.

"GOTCHA" he yelled as he tickled me. I shrieked and laughed.

"Stop" I managed to slip out, I kicked him off. I stood up and wiped away the imaginary dust. When I looked up at Dylan he was already looking at me. I blushed.

"You're so beautiful, even with paint all over you" he said, which darkened my blush.

"So, uh, ice cream?" I asked, he chuckled and we linked arms as we walked for ice cream.

*

*

I can't breath. I'm laughing so hard. We just got kicked out of the ice cream place. We started a food fight.

"You are insane" I said as he walked me back home

"I might be" he agreed

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked with a serious expression on my face.

"You just did" he teased

"Hardy har har" I said sarcastically

"Sure" he said seriously, for once.

"Why do you love me?" I asked. He stopped walking and his facial features darkened. I started to get scared.

"Never ask me that" he said with his teeth clenched. I nodded nervously. What was that? Why is he so angry? We walked the rest of the way in silence.