Chapter 18

I had followed Gio into a room, and he closed the door after we had entered. I turned to look around the area as I noticed that it was like a large office with a table and chair, but also with a bed and couch present.

So basically it was a bedroom office. I had no idea the club was that developed.

I turned around to find Gio staring at me with an expressionless look on his face. I rubbed my arm nervously as I wondered why the hell was everyone being so weird.

“So?” I cleared my throat to break the awkward silence. “I followed you”.

“What were you doing up here Lexi?” He asked seriously with his arms folded across his chest which caused his arm muscles to tense.

“Whoa, I whispered before I caught myself and cleared my throat.

“Nothing, I'm sorry I didn't know this area was restricted to patrons. Was just looking around.”

Gio eyed me skeptically. “Sorry about Lucas”.

“He was treating me like a criminal” I chuckled a bit.

I had noticed that Gio visibly tensed slightly at that before relaxing quickly. One would've been sure that I had only imagined it.

“He was only doing his job,” Gio replied.

“Which is?” I pried.

I noticed Gio's jaw clenched at that, so I quickly added, “Never mind. Anyway, I didn't steal anything if that is what you are all worried about and now that I know this area is off-limits I won't come this way again.”

“Well good to know you're so disciplined,” Gio said, but I caught a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

For some reason, I definitely knew that the guy who Gio was at the moment, wasn't the same guy I had talked to in the club at the bar a few nights ago. It was like he had a split personality, or he was two different persons, but I had a feeling this was the real him though- the one who seemed to be in charge and more serious expressionless. That guy he was being at that moment was probably who he really was.

“That's if I ever set foot back in here, I really don't enjoy being manhandled” I rubbed my arm as I feigned being hurt.

“Are you okay?” He looked at my arm that I had been rubbing.

It was the same arm Lucas had gripped earlier, and it was still a bit red.

“Yeah I'm fine,” I reassured. “But maybe I should go back down to the club since this area is out of bounds to patrons, I guess I should probably go since I'm a patron.”

“Wait,” Gio stopped me as I headed towards the closed door. “You have an exception right now since you're here with me, and I'm the owner”.

“Thanks, but I really think I should go now,” I replied as I tried to open the door again, but Gio grabbed my forearm and stopped me.

“Seriously, what was the real reason you came up here Lexi?”

“I told you I was only looking around,” I said to him. “I didn't know this area wasn't opened to everyone.”

I thought we were over this.

“Looking around for what exactly?” He asked again.

“Just at the place,” I answered.

“Were you looking for something?” He asked.

“What? No.” I replied as I looked at him confused.