Chapter 27

I had no idea that when Gio picked me up and started driving that he was going to be bringing me on a yacht.

"This isn't where you're gonna kill me then dump my body overboard at the bottom of the sea so that no one will find me is it?" I joked.

Gio had visibly tensed when I said that before he turned around looked at me weirdly.

"I'm kidding," I chuckled when I saw his expression. "Do you always take everything so seriously?"

"You have a weird sense of humor Lexi," Gio replied as he smiled slightly.

"Wow, this is really beautiful," I said as Gio led me inside his yacht.

"Thank you, I thought you might like it." Gio smiled.

"I do. It's really cool." I told him.

"So I had dinner prepared for us. I hope you like seafood or steak at least," Gio said as led her downstairs where what looked like a bedroom was, "If you're vegetarian though, I'm screwed."

"Well I'm vegetarian but the only seafood I eat is fish. However, I do love steak." I told him as he led me to a table that was set with different platters covered.

"Why is that?" Gio asked.

"Well, I'm allergic to any kinds of shellfish," I told him.

"Well, I guess we should get rid of this then," Gio said as he took one of the large platters which were covered with foil paper off the table and put it aside.

"So what allergic reactions do you have from eating shellfish?" Gio asked as we both sat down and started eating.

Dinner consisted of white wine, steak, roast potatoes, fish, rice, and salad.

"Well first I'd start having itches, then I'd break out in rash hives and swell up. Trust me it's terrible so I stay away from that stuff." I told him.

"Well, it's a good thing I thought of steak and fish as well." Gio smiled.

"Yeah, it is," I responded.

"So tell me something, I've been wanting to ask you this question earlier but it slipped me," Gio began, "You're not like dating anyone are you?"

"Giovanni," I started as I called him by his full first name. "Do you think I'd be here with you now if I was dating someone?"

"Well, you can never be sure. That never stopped anyone before, and you could have been in an open relationship." Gio added.

"Well no, I'm not exactly the open relationship type. And I'm not dating anyone, I haven't for a while now either." I told him.

"Really? Why is that?" Gio asked.

"Long story, just that the last guy I dated wasn't good for me, he wasn't who he said he was and ended up breaking my heart," I said to him.

It wasn't a lie, though it wasn't the complete truth. It wasn't like I could have said 'well my last boyfriend was involved in the mafia, he kidnapped and tried to kill me, he and his uncle, as a result, to get back at my father who was the Mafia boss at the time and I ended up killing them both. I didn't even really know him much either.