Chapter 29

Lexi's POV

"Sir I'm sure it was an accident. I really don't think she meant to willfully throw coffee on you." I said to the guy.

Somehow one of my waitresses had accidentally spilled coffee on this guy's suit and he had decided to make it a huge deal than it really was. I understood that he was upset over his suit but he could have at least given the girl a break. I wasn't going fire Amoya because of one simple mistake.

"I apologized on behalf of her, she has had a rough day. But as compensation for your ruined suit, I'll personally offer to get your suit dry clean plus the free lunch Mr....." I smiled at him as I waited for his name.

"Hank." he responded.

"Right. So Mr. Hank what do you say?" I smiled at him nicely.

He sighed and rubbed his hand down his jacket front before he responded.

"You know what, don't worry about the suit."

"Are you sure? Okay, well about that lunch then? Its the least I can do considering." I smiled at him.

"Alright." he sighed.

"Good. And again I'm so sorry about your suit, I'll talk to Amoya. Just have a seat and you just order whatever you want and don't worry about the bill." I told him as I walked off.

"Khadja could you please take Mr. Hank's order and don't worry about the bill."

"Sure Lexi." Khadja replied as she went towards Hank's table.

I walked in the direction to where Amoya stood looking fearful as hell. The poor girl must have been fretting that she was going to lose her job.

"Lexi I'm so sorry I don't..." Amoya tried to explained but I held up my hand and stopped her.

"Relax Amoya, we all make mistakes okay, I'm not going to fire you." I smiled at her.

"Besides Hank was being an ass for acting out that much." I whispered to her with a chuckle.

"Lexi thank you so much." Amoya sighed obviously relieved.

"Its no problem, and if you need a break you can take one then get back to work." I said to her.

"Thank you so much Lexi." Amoya smiled gratefully before she headed out.

"That was really nice of you." I heard someone said.

When I turned around my eyes were wide with surprised. I never expected him to be there at my restaurant. He looked amazingly hot as always in his suit. The dark suit which was obviously expensive fitted him well.

"Gio," I breathed out. "Hey, what are you doing here?"

"I came to see you obviously." Gio smiled.

"Really? And here I was thinking you were my next potential customer," I joked. "Follow me"

I led him to my office around the back.

"I have to say your restaurant is amazing," Gio said as we made our way to my office. "I never got the chance to really admired it the last time that I had picked you up from here."

"Thank you."

"And the way how you just dealt with that customer and your waitress, I've got to give you a thumbs up."

"Well I always deal with my customers well, like the saying goes 'the customer is always right'.  Even when they're not and they're being total narcissistic painful asses." I chuckled.

"And as for my staff... Well we have a good relationship and I deal with them with understanding." I told him as we entered my office.

"Wow. I'm impressed." Gio nodded with a smile.

"Thank you for being impressed." I chuckled as I closed the door.

"Yeah. So I wanted to apologized for the rude interruption of our date last week." Gio said to me.

"I already told you that was okay. So did you worked things out at work?"

"What?"

"You know the call? You said there was some issue related to work?"

"Oh, yeah. Yeah I did," Gio nodded,  "And I was wondering if you'd give me the chance to make it up to you?"

"What did you have in mind?" I asked.

"Is that a yes then?" Gio smiled as he raised a brow.

"Most definitely." I smiled back.

Gio walked closer to me before he put his hand under my chin as he lifted my face up to meet his then kissed me. I almost melted as I stood on my toes to meet him since he was a feet taller than I am. After about ten seconds, Gio finally broke the kiss.

"I'll pick you up tonight."

"Tonight?" I asked surprised.

When he said he needed another chance to make things up to me I hadn't thought that he would have been thinking that soon.

"Yes. What time do you get off work?"

"I usually left at five or six most of the time and Derek would handle the night shifts." I told him.

"Derek?" Gio raised his brows questioningly.

"Yeah, he's kinda like the second manager."

"Oh okay. Well I'll pick you up at 6 then."

"Alright." I smiled.

"See you then." Gio placed a kiss on my lips before he left.

I have to admit that I hadn't known Gio was the type for all those "affection" showing but I wasn't going to complained.