Chapter 34

"Lexi are you sure about this? Why don't I just take you home right now and have your car brought home later?" Marc asked when I had told him to dropped me back at the restaurant. "You might want Dr. Lee taking a look at you too."

"No, its okay Marc. I'm fine, I'll be fine. I also need to get my stuff from my bag as well." I told him.

"I am staying with you though to make sure nothing else goes wrong." Marc said. "Dominic is already at the restaurant that is why I suggested taking you straight home. He would have arranged for one of the guys to deliver it."

"I need to go back to the restaurant Marc. I don't know what is really going on but I was targeted once again today. I can't trust anyone Dominic has right now either. I don't mean you obviously but since we're actually nearby the restaurant anyway. Just bring me back there." I said.

I had no idea how I had been that lucky. I thought that I would have been dead when I saw Cole stood above me with his gun pointed directly at me. But I guess it just wasn't my time. I remembered that day when I had gotten mad at Marc and asked him if he was stalking me when he said he knew I was seeing Gio. He had reassured me that he was stalking me but was actually making sure I was alright. Even though he wasn't exactly stalking, I was actually grateful for whatever it was that he was doing.

Marc had apparently decided to stopped by the restaurant earlier and the second he had exited his car, he had seen when the car Cole and Tank had kidnapped me in, sped away from the parking lot. He had suspected that something was wrong but confirmed it when he went inside and Derek told him that I had just left. Since my car was still in the parking lot, he had figured out that I was taken and had rushed to followed the car. When he had arrived at the scene and saw the parked car and Tank's body, he knew that I had somehow gotten away but that I was still in trouble. The sounds of gunshot which came from the woods confirmed everything and that had him rushing through the woods as well to rescued me. He said that he was worried that he had been too late when he heard the shots stopped and actually saw the back of Cole as he stood above me. It was then he had fired those shot which hit Cole right in the back of his head. I couldn't explained just how grateful I was that he had actually stopped by the restaurant then showed up when he did.

When I reached back at the restaurant I was greeted by Dominic who waited impatiently at my car. I gave him a brief run down of what had happened and how fortunate I had been that Marc had showed up. I was about to get into my car when I saw Gio's car drove up into the parking lot.

"Oh my God. Its Gio." I said to Marc and Dominic who was still by my car. "I can't deal with him now,".

"Don't worry we,ll be over there." Marc said as he walked off along with Dominic.

Gio's car finally reached mine then stopped right beside mine. I quickly smooth my hair down and flipped it over the side of my face in hopes that it would hid the small bruises that had started to formed due to being slapped twice earlier and banging my head against the car door.

"Lexi," Gio said as he came out of his car.

I noticed Lucas had came along as well as he opened the other door and stand there as he looked at us over the top of the car.

"Gio, hey." I gave him a smile even though my face and head hurt.

"What are you doing here?"

"I just came to check up on you, I missed you." Gio sighed.

"Really? That's so sweet." I smiled and placed my hand on his cheek.

"So are you okay?" Gio looked at me closely.

I lowered my head in case he took noticed of  my face that I knew probably had bruise  imprinted.

"Yeah I'm great," I smiled. "So what is he doing here?".