»»2««

I felt a tug on my sleeves and a poke on my left cheek. I pried my eyes open only to shut them close because of the sunlight passing through the window. "Oh, it's morning already."

I rubbed my eyes and slowly, I looked at my assailant.

It was the kid and he had tears in his face. I shot up, my sleepiness vanishing into thin air. I looked at the child with eyes full of worry.

"What's wrong?"

He just stared at me, crying.

"Are you hurt somewhere? Hungry? Had a bad dream?"

He shook his head. Sync may have woken up because of my frantic voice and groggily sat up. "Sky, you okay?"

When the kid heard his voice (husky, may I add), he ran to him and hugged him tight.

Oh, I get it. I wasn't familiar to him. I smiled at him as he stared at me, maybe wondering who I am.

"Sky, this is Elliot. She saved us when we got separated from Cindy and Brett. You understand?" The kiddo nodded, his eyes filled with sadness.

"Hi," I softly said as to not scare the fragile kid. "How are you feeling?" He looked at me with his big, sparkly green eyes and I can't help but stare in awe. He looked so precious, with his wild red hair and soft freckles spread across the bridge of his nose.

He bit his lip before stuttering. "I-I'm scared." He clung to Sync's side and buried his face on the elder's jacket. Sync chuckled and hugged the little boy, whispering encouraging words in his ear.

"Don't worry, baby boy. Big brother will protect you."

"Don't cry, princess. I will protect you."

I shook the memory away and studied the two males in front of me. I realized they had the exact same hair and eye color. I also noticed that Sync had a tiny scar on the far left corner of his lower lip, which I failed to notice last night because of the darkness surrounding us.

The two brothers were gorgeous.

I heard Sync telling the little boy to introduce himself to me, which broke my trance and averted my attention to the pink bear laying on my right side. It looked just like Pinky, my old bear back from home.

I heard a mouse-like squeaked and turned my attention back to the kid. "U-um... I-I'm Skylar. I'm two- I mean t-three years old. I wuv dogs!"

I could sense that Skylar was slowly getting accustomed to my presence as he beamed at me when he mentioned his love for dogs.

"I'm Elliot, but you can call me Elli. I'm seventeen, and I prefer cats." Sky giggled and slowly approached me, shocking me as he positioned himself on my lap. The brothers never failed to surprise me with their intimacy.