Chapter 3: The Bites

Jasper's POV

   "Here." Edward said holding his keys out reading my thoughts. "Thanks. Be right back." I said to everyone as I left the room. I walked around the car and got in. She let out a big yawn and stretched. "Why don't we get you ready for bed when we get home." I told her. "But I don't want to." She wined. "Okay.." I sighed giving up.
I pulled up to her house and she got out. I sat in the car waiting for her to come back. "Okay. Thank you for waiting. You could have came in if you'd like." She said entering the car. "That's okay. I just wanted to give you some space. Let me know if I'm hovering." I told her. "Okay." She said.

We pulled into the garage and got out. We walked inside where everyone was sitting. I took her little bag from her and brought it upstairs to my room. I ran back downstairs to find Addie talking to Edward. "He loves you more than you know it. I know you feel bad because it's only been your second day but he feels just the same as you do. Or maybe even more." I heard.
I snuck up behind her placing my hands on her hips and lifting her up. She shrieked in surprise. "Jasper!" She exclaimed. "Don't do that again. I nearly had a heart attack!" She scolded me. I chuckled along with Carlisle, Emmett, and Esme. We could all hear her heart pounding. "Ready?" I asked still holding her out in front of me. "Yes." She said tilting her head to look at me.
  I pulled her to my chest having her legs wrapped around me. I carried her upstairs and down the hall. When we got o my room I sat down on the bed with her in my lap. "Can I try something?" I asked gently. "Sure." She said sounding sleepy. "Hold very still. Don't move." I instructed her. I slowly leaned my head in. Her warm lips on my cool ones. The way they formed around mine.
I finally pulled away trying not to hurt her. She giggled a tiny laugh. She put her warm little hand on my arm for support. She ran her hand over my scars letting out a loud gasp. "Jasper! You have scars like mine." She exclaimed. "You have one too?" I asked shocked. "Two." She corrected me. "One on my chest the other on my thigh."
  She pulled down her shirt revealing a bite mark right above her black sports bra. "Where is the other one?" I asked her. She pulled down the side of her jeans revealing another bite a few inches under her blue undies. She flushed a deep shade of red as I looked over. I ran my fingers gently over to cool scar. She jumped back knocking my hand off. "I'm sorry did I hurt you?" I asked. "It's a little sore." She told me. "When did you get these?" I asked her. "Three years ago. When I went over to Italy." She explained.
"Esme has soup waiting for you downstairs. You can go to bed after that." I told her. I picked her back up again and carried her downstairs. "Her legs broken?" Emmett asked as I walked downstairs. I sent him a wave of anger. I then shot him confusion. I sat her down in the chair and walked over to my family.
"Carlisle I'm really worried." I admitted siting down next to him on the couch in the den. "What's wrong son?" He asked. "She had two scars like mine. One on her chest the other on her leg." I said pointing to the spots on me. "Bring her in here please." Carlisle asked. I walked into the kitchen to find her head resting on the table while she slept soundly. I knew she wouldn't be waking up for a while so I picked her up.
  I gently carried her into the den and placed her on my lap. Everyone gathered around the couch. I slowly pushed her shirt down to reveal her black bra and scar. She twitched in her sleep and everyone froze. "Emmett!" Edward scolded him reading his thoughts. I held out my arm for Carlisle to see the resemblance. They were exactly the same.
  "Where is the other one?" Carlisle asked. I pulled her shirt back up and pulled down the side leg of her jeans to show her blue undies and the bite mark. Carlisle nodded his head and I pulled back up her pants. "Take her back upstairs. I'm going to go on the Internet. Keep her close Jasper." He told me. I got up and carried her upstairs.
I walked into my room and put her to bed. I pulled the covers over her and kissed her on the cheek. "Goodnight my love." I told her. I closed the door and sat on the bed. If I could cry right now, I would. I was nervous. I was scared. I was confused. I was in love.

Adeline's POV

I woke up to the sound of water running. It was peaceful. I sat up in bed and looked around. Jasper was sitting on the foot of the bed. "I have the shower running for you. We need to be out the door in forty minutes." He told me. "Okay, thank you." I said pulling the blankets back. I slid out of bed and onto the big rug. I walked to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and got in the shower. The warm water made my mind run in many directions. What did these marks mean? Why does Jasper have so many? Will this bring the Voltouri here? Will I lose jasper? Who or what did this to me? Why me? Why us? Why them? Will I become one of them now? Will I die? Will I go with Jasper and Carlisle? Where will I go? When will I go? Is there any where to go?
  I was freaking myself out. I turned off the water and dried off. I put on a loose flowing yellow shirt with jeans. I took my school bag off of the chair and slipped on a pair of black flats and walked downstairs. "Good morning Addie." Esme greeted me. "Good morning to you to Esme." I replied. I walked into the kitchen where Jasper was making pancakes. He slid a plate in front of me. I ate in silence while he watched me. I finished at put my plate in the sink.
   I walked out to the garage with Jasper. He took my hand and led me to the jeep. I looked at him with puzzled face. "I am going hunting today with Carlisle and Esme. I will be back tonight." He told me. I nodded and hugged him. "Please be careful." I said. "Always." He replied. "I'm scared." I admitted. "I know. Just stay close to Emmett and Edward. They will keep you safe. I love you Adeline." He explained. "I love you more than you will ever know." I told him. He kissed me on the lips and lifted me up into the jeep. He strapped me in and told Emmett to take good care of me. He shut the door and the jeep took off out of the garage.
   "Where is he going?" I asked Emmett. "Hunting. He wouldn't lie to you Addie." He told me. "I know." I sighed. We pulled up next to the Volvo and got out. "He will come back for you." Emmett said as he came around to unbuckle me. I put my arms up so he could undo the straps. He helped me down from the monster size car.
   I went to literature with Edward. "Adeline, I read your thoughts this morning. We will fight for you. Please don't worry. It makes Jasper so upset to see you like this." He told me.

After school, I rode home with Emmett again. He dropped me off at my house. "Edward, Carlisle, and I will be taking turns guarding the house until he comes back. Stay safe." He said pulling away. I walked up to the big porch and unlocked the door. I went upstairs to my room to get started on homework. I looked out my bedroom window to find Carlisle and Edward standing in my backyard. I waved to them and crawled over to my bed to work on homework.
I realized I was thirsty so I went downstairs and made a glass of ice water. I brought it upstairs when I saw I received a text from my mom. Be home in about 5 minutes. Love you I replied back. I held the glass in my hand taking a sip when my phone went off again. HELP! HELP! ADELINE STAY STRONG WE WILL MEET AGAIN SOON, I LOVE YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF I let out a blood curling scream as the glass slipped from my hand shattering onto the floor. "NO! NO DON'T PLEASE! NOT ME!" I screamed. There was a loud knock on the door. "Addie! Open the door please." I heard Carlisle yell. "Adeline..." He kicked he door open as they split up and ran through the house.
Edward found me first. "Carlisle she's in here!" He called. He read my thoughts and came to my side. "Shh..." He said pulling me close. Carlisle ran into my room. "Where's Jasper?" I chocked out. "We came back from the hunting trip early. He had to leave though. He will be back soon." Carlisle told me. "Addie, can you hear me?" Edward asked. "Carlisle hand me her phone please." He asked. "Dammit. I knew it." He said throwing the phone down on the bed.
"What?" Carlisle asked. "Her mom, she is dead. Don't you see, things are falling into place. We need to get her back to our place. She is going to be very upset when she finds out about Jasper."