Chapter 9

I woke up in the backyard on Jaspers lap. The sun was shining and Jasper was sparkling. "Jasper you need to get inside!" I exclaimed. "Shh, it's okay." He assured me. I stood up and pulled inside. "Are you insane?" I asked. "That depends." He replied. "Are you hungry?" He asked. "Some what." I replied. He made me a plate of eggs.
   After we ate he decided to take me on a boat ride. We went down the little stream as he rowed the boat. His phone rang so I took my turn rowing the boat.
Hello
Jasper, it's Edward when are you going to change her
Shh she's right next to me

Tonight
Yes I know how to do it
Yes I will be able to stop!
Okay, bye

  "What was that all about?" I asked him. "Oh nothing. Just Edward informing me about what is going on back at home." He explained. I nodded. He pulled me in for a hug. After the boat ride we went back home. He made me lunch and we watched a whole series of movies. I had a TV dinner of grilled cheese.
   He took my hand and led me upstairs. "What are we doing?" I asked. "Something." He replied. He handed be a black tight lace nightdress. "Jasper, I can't." I told him. "Please love. This is not what it looks like. Trust me. I just want to make you look even more beautiful when I do this." He said. "Do what?" He looked at me with an apologizing look.
    "No! Please. You don't have the right to take my life away from me!" I screamed. "I'm not. I'm taking away your soul." He commented. I screamed at the top of my lungs. He pinned me down. "Please Adeline. I have no choice. They are making me do this. It's either killing you or this and I can't lose you." He said holding me against my old bed.
   "I'm so sorry. I hope you can forgive me." Was the last thing I heard before he sunk his teeth in my neck.

       I woke up to see everything. The light had eight different colors instead of the regular rainbow of seven. The dust partials floating in the air reminded me of the spring when I would blow the dust off of dandelions and watch them float in the wind.
I felt a hand touch me. I turned around so fast it startled me to see Jasper holding my hand. "Are you okay?" He asked. I flung up from the bed and hugged him. "Addie, you're a little stronger than me at the moment. It's your turn not to break me." He said out of breath.
I let go of him and backed up slowly. "You need to hunt." He told me. "But I'm not hungry." I whined. "Not hungry, but thirsty." He reminded me. "No, I feel fine." I told him. "That's not normal. I need to call Carlisle." He said leaving the room.

<-------------- Jasper's POV --------------->

I exited the room and called Carlisle.
Hello
Carlisle, it's been two days and she finally woke up but she's not thirsty. I told her she needs to hunt be she told me she was fine.
Jasper, you need to get on the next flight coming home. Now, I trust you to do the right thing.
Okay, I'll see you soon. Thank you
Your welcome. I am going to contact the Denali's and have them come down.
Okay, bye
Bye

I hung up and walked back into the bedroom. "Adeline, I'm very sorry sweetie but Carlisle needs us back at home. We are going to get on the next plane back to forks." I explained.
I threw her clothes into her suitcase and ran her downstairs. I ordered us a one way flight to Seattle

We drove off to the airport quickly. We ran through the busy place and onto the plane. I sat next to the window. Jasper sent a calm wave over me. "I can't do this." She whispered through my teeth. "I know you can. Just hold your breath and close your eyes. It helps." I told her rubbing her hand. "Are you okay miss?" The flight attendant asked as she walked by. "Just a little pregnancy pain." I said. She nodded and walked past.
    She closed her eyes and fell asleep. Fell asleep! I screamed in my head. I pulled out my phone and called the house.
Hello?
Emmett get Carlisle on the phone
He's not here what's wrong
Darn it!
What's wrong
Adeline's asleep
So...
I changed her the other night and she's sleeping!
Oh my god
We're on a plane home now
Good
Get his office ready
Okay
Bye

    I looked over at my beautiful wife peacefully sleeping. Her chest wasn't moving. I gently stormed her face as she slept. I leaned down and whispered "I love you." In her ear before kissing her on the forehead.

    I shook her awake as the plane landed. "Come on. They're out there waiting for us." I told her. I took her hand and walked her out into the airport. She gritted her teeth together and her whole body stiffened. Emmett, Carlisle, and Edward were waiting for us.

Adeline's POV
     I shot Edward a thought. Hold on to me. I don't want to hurt anyone. He nodded and put his hand on my wrist. They walked me out to the car and I climbed in the back seat sandwiched between Emmett and Jasper. I leaned my head on Jasper's shoulder as I cried silently. Everyone stared at me.
    We pulled up to the house and Jasper held my hand as we walked inside. I slid off my sunglasses I was wearing hiding my red eyes. "Addie," Carlisle said walking inside. I looked at him with fear behind my eyes. "Our cousins will be here tomorrow. We will discover your power." He told me