Chapter 8

I got better. I eventually healed. I was diagnosed with depression. I sat around the house all day waiting for jasper to come back. I slept and cried, a lot. Everyone was starting to get worried. I spent night after night on the couch in the den.
They tried everything to get me back to my normal self. But nothing worked. Edward tried to teach me the piano. That was a disaster. I really didn't want to but I kept my mouth shirt, except he can hear my thoughts. Emmett would try to play around with me. Rosalie and Esme took me shopping. Carlisle would watch my favorite movies with me. Nothing worked.

One day, everyone came back from a hunting trip wearing giant smiles on their face. "What's going on?" I asked. "Nothing." Emmett said to fast. "Rose, Addie, come on. I need you upstairs." Esme said walking upstairs. Rosalie and I followed her up into her big bedroom and into her bathroom. They instructed me to sit down in a chair and I obeyed.
Esme did my makeup as Rosalie worked on my hair. "Okay, time for the dress." Esme squealed. "What are you guys doing?" I asked. Esme carried a big white fluffy dress out of the closet. "Why am I wearing a wedding dress?" I asked after they carefully dressed me not messing up their masterpiece.
"We are practicing for your real wedding, the one when jasper is here." Rose explained. I just went along with it.

Rosalie and Esme went outside where the fake wedding was taking place and took their spots. Carlisle stood in the house by the big doors waiting to walk me down the isle since my dad is not here. "You ready?" He asked me. I nodded. Edward started the music as he played the piano for us. "Alice, lead the way." Carlisle said.
"Alice?" I asked. She popped out from the side and in front of us. "Yep." She said popping the p. "Jasper?" I whispered. Alice stared walking and we followed behind her. The place was decorated beautifully. My friends and family were there too. I was so confused. We went around the corner where there standing at the alter, was Jasper.
I gasped and turned to face Carlisle. He nodded. I felt tears well up in my eyes. I don't think we couldn't have gone any slower. It felt like ages until I would reach jasper. At this point I had tears running down my face. "I thought this was a fake wedding?" I whispered to Carlisle. "No, this is real. You are about to marry him." He whispered back. "Thank you. For everything." I said crying. He kissed he on the head.
Carlisle walked me up and placed my hand in his. His cool skin startled me since its been so long since I've touched him. "You're here." I whispered. "I'm so sorry but it was Alice's idea." He told me. "Remind me to hurt her after this is over." I said. He chuckled.
We said our vows the traditional way. "I now pronounce you, husband and wife." The minister said. Jasper took my face in his hands and kissed me. Emmett cleared his throat reminding us to stop. He pulled back first leaving me breathless.

The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Jasper pulled me to the dance floor for our first dance to Latch by Sam Smith. After that I danced was Carlisle as he filled in for my dad. "Can I have this dance with my little sister?" Emmett asked. I danced with everyone that night. Passed to Edward from Jasper to Emmett and back to Carlisle.
"Come on, your going to be late for your flight. You don't want to spend your honeymoon in the airport skating for another plane?" Alice asked. "I swear, when I get back I'm am so going to kick your butt for taking him away again!" I yelled at her. She chuckled. "Okay okay. Have fun!" She said trying to get me out the door. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Not tellin." She replied.
   We walked down the little path and to the car as rice was scattered over top of us. There were a few times big chunks were thrown at me, from my guess Emmett. Jasper drove us to the airport where I fell asleep on the plane in a pale blue dress.

I woke up to shaking. It was absolutely awful. It made my stomach uneasy and my vision to go in and out. I moaned in pain. "Shh, it's almost over. Then we will be to our destination." He told me. Jasper took my hand in his and squeezed it as I kept my eyes shut.
Finally it stopped and it was time to get off the plane. I walked into the busy yet familiar airport. "Jasper?" I asked. "Yes my love?" "Why are we in London?" I asked him. "Happy honeymoon!" He exclaimed. "No you didn't!" I said jumping into his open arms.
We drove in a rental car through my old neighborhood. He pulled up in front of my old flat. "Jasper..." I trailed off. "Go inside." He told me. I opened the car door and ran inside. I went straight up to my old bedroom. Nothing had changed. I felt a cold hand being placed on my shoulder.
"I want to show you the best part." He said. He took my hand and led me out to the back yard. There, in the corner underneath or weeping willow tree, the one I always climbed in when I was little, was a gravestone.
Sharon Edith Bale
Loving Mother
1985-2015
I fell to my knees crying. Jasper sat down and pulled me into his lap. I continued crying into his shirt for hours. Night had came around and swallowed us into the black sky. There was no moon to shine. It was a New Moon.