Chapter 4: Runaways

3rd Person View

She laid still in bed, to confused to move. Emmett sensed the movement from upstairs. He walked up the stairs to her room. "Where's Jasper?" Addie asked as Emmett took a seat on the corner of her bed. "He's not here currently." He told her. "Then where is he currently?" She asked him. "Texas." He answered her. "What is he doing there?" She asked sleepily. "He is visiting some friends." Emmett explained.
She sat up in bed and climbed out. "Where are you going?" He asked following her. "I'm going to take a bath." She told him. Adeline walked into the bathroom slamming the door behind her. Emmett waited downstairs in the living room for her.
She ran the water until the tub was about to overflow. She stripped herself of her garments and got in. Adeline emerged herself in the water so that her whole body was underwater. She was starting to loose air but she didn't care. She awaited for the pain to be over.
Emmett started to get worried and walked upstairs. "Adeline." He said knocking on the door. There was no response. "Addie! Addie, answer me! I don't want to come in there!" He yelled. He had no choice. He opened the door to find her unconscious, floating in the water. He grabbed a towel off the wrack and tried not to look. He pulled her out of the water and wrapped her in the towel.
He ran her into her bedroom. He picked up Addie's phone and dialed Carlisle's number. "Carlisle, please get over here. She decided to take a bath and I found her unconscious. I think she was trying to drown herself. Please hurry!" He yelled through the phone.
Edward was the first to arrive. He ran upstairs to find them. "We need to get her dressed." Edward said. "That's not such a good idea." Emmett commented. "Emmett, this isn't your first time seeing a grown woman naked before. Now, you hold her and I will dress her." He said.
Edward dashed to her closet pulling out a pair of black skin tight athletic shorts and a blue pink flowing athletic shirt to match. He then ran over to the dresser pulling out a matching sports bra and a pair of undies. He slipped on the underwear and next the bra. He quickly put on the shirt and shorts and shuddered at the memory he just had. "Thank you." Emmett said trying to fight off the memory as well.
Just then, Carlisle came running in with Rosalie and Alice at his side. "You couldn't have came sooner!" Emmett yelled. "What did we miss?" Alice asked. "Edward and I just had one of the most scaring moments of eternity. We just dressed your friend over here." He informed them. "Oh..." Rosalie said looking at the ground.
Carlisle laid Adeline on the bed and started working on her. "Her heart is slowing. We need to get her back to our house. Edward you're the fastest, can you take her. We will be right behind you." He said. Carlisle lifted Adeline up and placed her Edwards arms. He nodded, jumped out the window, and disappeared into the trees.
The rest of the family walked downstairs and ran down the street and back to their house.

Carlisle flung the front door open and ran upstairs to his office. Edward stood next to the hospital bed where Adeline laid. Carlisle ran over to a machine and wheeled it over to her. He put a tube down her throat and turned it on. That was helping her breath. Emmett, Esme, and Alice ran into the room as well.
"What can we do?" Alice asked running to Carlisle side. "Pray that this works and Jasper comes back." He told her. She sighed and stepped back to the rest of her family. Edward walked to Alice's side and hugged her. Emmett put an arm around Rosalie.

Two days past. Every four hours the Cullen's took turns sitting next to Addie. Carlisle finally took the machine out because she was breathing on her own now. Emmett and Rose were sitting next to her when Edward walked in. "She's waking up. I can here her thoughts." He said. He ran to her side and grabbed her hand. "She can hear us. Addie. You need to wake up. Please, you need to fight. I know you hear me!" He yelled. Carlisle came in and placed a hand on his shoulder.
"Adeline, can you open your eyes?" Carlisle asked. "She's trying to." Edward informed him. Her eyelids twitched for a few minutes until her eyes popped open revealing her crystal blue eyes. "Addie, how are you feeling?" Carlisle asked her. "Numb..." She responded. "I can see that." He told her.
   "Where is Jasper?" She asked. "He is still in Texas. He will be coming home soon." Carlisle explained. "I want to talk to him." She demanded. "Hold on." He said leaving the room. Carlisle pulled his phone out of his pocket and texted Jasper. She just woke up. She really wants to talk to you. Are you willing to call her? He typed. His phone buzzed. Yes, will you call me? His phone read. He dialed his number. "Hello? Yes, let me go get her." Carlisle said threw the phone.
   He walked into his office where his family was. He walked to her bed. "Yeah, here she is." He said handing her the phone. "Adeline?" Jasper asked. "JASPER!" She screamed through the phone. "It's you!" She exclaimed. Everyone chuckled in the background. "When are you coming home?" She asked. "I will be home in two days love." He told her.
   "Okay... Please hurry! It's so good to hear your voice." She said. "Addie, you need to get some rest." Carlisle said walking up to the bed. "Okay... Can I call you when I wake up?" She asked him. "Definitely." He replied. "Okay, bye Jasper. I love you, and I miss you terribly." She said. "I love you too. I miss you as well." He said. "I love you!" She exclaimed right before the phone hung up.
   She handed the phone back to Carlisle and laid down. She let out a big sigh and closed her eyes. Carlisle ushered everyone out of the room letting her rest. Adeline fell asleep dreaming about her happy past with Jasper.