2

I parked the jeep and got out.

I climbed up the steps and saw Owen giving his velociraptors Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo a snack.

"Blue!" He said holding up a dead mouse. "This ones for you." He said before tossing it to her and she caught it in her mouth. I smirked slightly leaning against the rail.

After he was done he was walking back where Hoskins started talking to him about what you ask? I don't know that, because I'm kinda out of hearing distance. They started walking down the steps.

I was walking across the walkway passing the one kid getting the pig. As I was passing him I heard him scream. I turn and saw him starting to fall and I quickly reacted reaching out and grabbing hold of him. With all my strength I pulled him up enough so he could grab the railing which he did. He climbed over it and sent me a grateful smile.

"Thank you." He mumbled. I nodded.

"Ever wondered why there was a job opening?" His face paled. I leaned against the railing and I heard it creak. Before I knew it I was falling and landed with a thud. I groaned from the pain. I propped myself up and saw the raptors.

"Uh oh." I said.

"Lizzie!" I hear Owen yell. I backed away as the raptors began closing in on me.

"Hold your fire. Hold your fire." Owen yelled running in front of me. "Hold your fire do not fire." He reiterated. I continued to crawl back and under the door of the cage. "Put 12 amps in these animals, they're never going to trust me again." Owen stated slowly backing away towards us.  "Blue stand down."

Blue snapped at him getting closer.

"Hey! What did I just say? Delta! I see you! Back up!"?He ordered. The raptors looked calmer then before. He was inching closer towards Barry and I. He continued to talk to them.

"Close the gate." Owen said.

"Are you crazy?" I asked rhetorically.

"Hey just trust me." Owen said calmly. Barry muttered something under his breath before reluctantly slamming the button which closes the gate. I was growing more anxious by the second as the gate was closing. At last second Owen quickly turned and dove under the gate making it through with the raptors snapping at him from behind it.

I sighed in relief. Barry gave Owen a hand and helped him stand. Owen walked over to me and held out his hand. I took it and he easily pulled me up, our chests lightly bumped into each other. I looked up at him.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. I nodded. I didn't even realize we were still holding hands until we stepped away from each other. He cleared his throat as I looked away.

"Um, thanks." I told him. He nodded and smirked slightly.

"No problem." He responded. "I'm heading back to the trailer need a ride there?" He asked. I shook my head.

"They're letting me use one of the jeeps so." I trailed off. He nodded understanding.

"Well, alright. See you later...klutz." He said walking away and I easily followed.

"I am not a klutz!" I stated. He chuckled.

"Then what did you call that back there?" He asked me teasingly.

"The rail breaking now if you'll excuse me." I said playfully glaring at Owen and turned walking back to my jeep.

______________________

Vote/Comment