4

I stepped out of the car followed by Owen and the woman who I learned to be Claire. I looked up at the walls and the construction workers.

"We've been rebooking tickets for months. The park needs a new attraction every few years, in order to reinvigorate the public's interest. Kind of like the space program." She explained as we were walking up some stairs and entering a doorway revealing a security guard inside and glass windows showing into the paddock.

"So what's this thing made of?" Owen asked her as I looked inside the paddock.

"The base gene is a T-Rex, the rest is classified." She told us.

Well that explains why I'm here.

"So you made a new dinosaur but you don't even know what it is?" Owen says looking back into the paddock.

"The lab delivers us finished assets and we show them to the public. Can we drop a steer please."

"How long has this animal been in here?" I asked.

"All it's life." She responded.

"Never seen anything out of these walls?" Owen asked.

"We can't exactly walk it." Claire said.

"You feed it with that?" Owen asks pointing to the crane. A sigh escapes my mouth. I see a lot of red flags here.

"Is there a problem?" Claire asks us.

"Animals raised in isolation aren't always the most functional." Owen explained. I nodded in agreement.

"Your raptors and your T-Rex were raised in captivity.

"With siblings. They learned social skills." Owen stated walking closer to Claire. "And I imprint on them when their born., as did Lizzie with Killer. Theirs trust." He explained. "The only positive relationship this animal has is with that crane." He said pointing at it.

"At least she knows that means food." I say.

"So, it needs a friend, we should schedule play dates. That sort of thing?"

"Probably not a good idea." I stated.

Claire taps on the glass.

"Where is it?" She asks no one in particular.

"Is it in the basement?" Owen asks sarcastically. "Is there a down stairs? Maybe it's in the rec room." Owen said. I lightly chuckle.

"It was here. We were just here." She stated with slight panic in her voice walking over to the control panel. I heard a buzzing noise. I looked at the security cameras and it said No Thermal Signatures Detected.

"Oh shoot." I turn to Owen who was and the other end staring at something.

"It doesn't make any sense." The security guard stated. "These doors weren't open for weeks." He said as I walk over to Owen. That's when I saw the claw marks along the wall.

"Have those claw marks always been there?" Owen asked Claire pointing at them.

"Do you think it...." Claire trailed off. "Oh god." I hear her mutter. "She has an implant in her back. I can track it from the control  room." Claire stated quickly leaving.

-

I walked out into the paddock with Owen and the security guard over to where the claw marks were. There was another worker out there checking it out.

I set my hand on the claw marks.

"I don't understand the wall is 40 feet high, you think she really climbed out?" The security guard asked. I looked up at the wall.

"Depends." Owen said.

"On what?"

"What kind of dinosaur they cooked up in that lab." Owen said.

I then heart a voice coming in from the walkie talkie.

"Hey what's the problem." From what was heard its in the cage.

"Go" Owen yelled pushing me forward as we started running. I ran along side Owen as we skid to as top when we saw the Indominous Rex right in front of us. I felt Owen tug me behind him. It growled as we ran and made a run for it. I heard a scream behind me. I took a quick glance back as I felt Owen tug my arm pushing me to run faster.

The security guard opened the gate in front of us, as we ran towards it.

It started to close and it was very close to.

"Come on Liz faster" Owen yelled urging me to run faster. I ran as fast as I could. We barely made it through as people were running around. I heard a crash and metal scraping behind me. Owen slid under the jeep pulling me with him. Owen had pulled me to is chest covering my mouth with his large hand to prevent me from screaming. I watched the Indominous break free from the gate.

"Sh. Sh." Owen whispered in my ear trying to calm me. It helped in a way but at the same time it wasn't, my heart was erratically beating in my chest because he was basically holding me.

You could hear the pounding of its footsteps. I saw the security guard sitting in front of the truck scared out of his mind, no doubt as the Indominous was right next to it. It smacked the truck to the side and after a few moments it landed in front of us. Owen used his arms to cover the broken glass from hitting my face and head.

I looked up at the security guard through the broken windows. I watched him look at us before he was snatched up from the Indominous.

I held back a scream as a tear slid down my face.

Owen pulled me back some, pulling his knife out and cut the pump above us, smothering us in gasoline.

He's masking our scents...smart.

I heard the it come towards