Chapter Three...

They had forced me away from his memorial.

I now had a muzzle, and a thick layer of gauze wrapped around my body.

They had deemed me 'unfit to continue working in the field' because I was too 'depressed' or 'unresponsive' to other handlers.

I didn't want another handler! I wanted Calvin!

So, I'm currently I'm in a kennel. One of the camp members managed to hack into Calvin's laptop and e-mailed his brother, Bruce.

I knew about him.

Calvin used to talk about him all the time. He'd even shown me pictures and told me stories about the good and bad of his life.

They had received an e-mail that said Bruce would take me, but he was in Calcutta, India.

So I get to go on a plane ride. Fun. I do not like planes.

They'd brought me to the U.S. for Calvin's funeral, not many people came. Only a few friends. I had made all of said friends cry when I had entered and ran to Calvin's coffin.

After the service, I didn't want to leave him, so they had to drag me from the funeral home.

I refused to eat the tranquilized food for the plane trip. So they gave it to me with a needle instead.
.
.
.
After I had woken up, I felt the crate sliding down a platform.

I growled as the careless worker tossed my crate onto a car, and drove it to the pickup area.

When we got there, a soldier from my team stood by the crate.

He had a leash in hand and was holding a sign. It probably had Bruce's name on it.

A dorky looking man with brown hair came up and said, "Hi, I'm Doctor Bruce Banner." He held his hand out to shake, which the lieutenant did.

He then asked for some I.D. "Can't have some guy taking one of our best dogs can we?" Bruce grabbed his passport and showed him.

He nodded in approval and opened my kennel, attaching the leash to my collar he handed me to Bruce.