Chapter Two

Charlie Weasley woke to the sound of his kettle boiling in the kitchen.

He stood up, yawning deeply before shuffling out to the source of the noise.

The girl, with wild brown curls straying down her back, turned as he entered the room. "Hello," she said with a grin. She held out a steaming mug of tea as he sat down on a stool.

"Morning, and thanks," he replied, grabbing the tea from her. "Did you sleep okay? You'll probably be hungry, I'll whip up some breakfast soon."

Riley smiled in thanks. "Yes, I slept well thank you. Sorry for falling asleep on you by the way," she blushed, cringing slightly. "And I hope the tea is fine, I just recreated what you'd made last night."

Charlie brushed a curl of hair off his face as Riley leant against the large timber bench situated in his kitchen. "I didn't know what tea you liked anyway. It was a total bluff," laughed Charlie.

"I drink all types of tea," started Riley. "I'm a terrible cook myself so I tend to just put a tea bag in water and leave it at that. Did you know that per day, the United Kingdom drinks about 165 million cups of tea?"

"No, I didn't know that," Charlie mused.

Riley then spouted off about ten more facts about tea, as Charlie sat, staring at the girl, simply bemused to how she knows so much.

Suddenly she stopped and cocked her head slightly. "Sorry, normally people stop me."

"I found it interesting," Charlie grinned. "Anyway, should we get going? I think there's a bit of explaining that needs to be done to a few people here."

"You're probably right. Should we get going?" She asked, standing up and placing her empty cup in the sink.

Charlie stood abandoning his mug and grabbing his shoes. He held the door open for her as she pulled on the mustard yellow windbreaker she had arrived in the night before. She sent a grateful smile his way, and the pair started off down the hill.

"So Riley, what do you do?"

"I actually just finished Auror training," she said simply.

"You're kidding," he laughed.

"No," she responded, furrowing her eyebrows and looking at him.

His blue eyes widened, staring in surprise at the witch.

Riley, completely oblivious to any confusion, simply continued walking. Shaking his head, Charlie quickly caught up to her.

"So when did you begin training?"

"A month before my fifteenth birthday. It's all a very big secret though, so you mustn't tell anyone. Look, here's my badge." She said, flipping open a small wallet with a card in it that read simply read "Auror", but came along with a moving picture of Riley. She frowned in the image, before smiling somewhat sarcastically.

"This isn't the badge most aurors have. Nobody is ever meant to find out that I'm part of the department. And if they do, I'm supposed to just lie about my age. Say I'm twenty-two or something."

"You could pass for being that old easily," Charlie said, causing Riley to raise her eyebrows at him once more. "Well, I mean you're incredibly smart and you don't exactly look seventeen, I never would have known unless you'd told me."

"Thanks, I think."

The brunette and redhead walked in silence, as Charlie raked his eyes over the girl who stood beside him. He noted how tall she was, but it appeared that much of her height came from incredibly long and brown legs. She wore the same clothing as the night before, a thick pair of woollen socks, hiking boots, navy blue shorts, and the mustard windbreaker. Her hair was tumbling down her back, far from effortlessly as it was tangled and knotted.