Chapter Three

Charlie sat with his feet on his kitchen table once more, sporting a fresh burn from feeding a Chinese Fireball. He'd gotten distracted, thinking about the fiery genius who'd left in such a hurry, that he completely missed the warning signs that the dragon wanted him to leave.

In the midst of all his thinking, an owl swooped in through his wide-open kitchen window. The bird dropped a letter in front of him and flew back to the window-sill, where he perched and stole an owl treat from a small dish. 

The letter before him bore the untidy scrawl of his eldest brother, which Charlie tore open with haste.

Charlie,

Are you sure her name is Riley McAuley? I cannot find a single record of a female McAuley around that age.

You finally get a girl naked in your house and she doesn't exist? Harsh luck brother, but can't say I'm surprised.

Unless she lied about her last name. I mean, the girl wanders up to your house in the very early morning, injured, and carrying a wounded dragon?

For all you know C, she could have wounded him herself.

And a genius? They aren't often magical, and even if I could try and find her through her IQ, but most geniuses tend not to register themselves due to safety, and the danger it can cause.

Sorry C, but you might have to figure things out yourself.

- Bill

Charlie put down the paper on the table and sighed.

How could one girl capture everyone's attention so quickly?

And especially his.

For Charlie, it was all about the dragons. But this girl, somehow she managed to capture his full attention.

Maybe she was part dragon herself.

Though whatever, whoever and wherever she was, Charlie Weasley vowed to find her.

He would understand Riley.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Riley was once again, lost. Having her map torn away from her by what she assumed was a stray cat, was not at all helpful, and the girl was now having to plan out where to head next.

She'd gone back and finished her work in Eastern Romania and apparated off to Canada, where she was supposed to be gaining intelligence on a wizard named Arton Sharp, better known as Artie.

The intelligence she now had on Artie was that he was dead, which didn't bother Riley in the slightest, as she had seen death more times than should be acceptable for a girl of her age.

Yet now her issue was that she had far less to report back on.

Knowing that she had at least a day until she was expected back for her report, Riley decided that a logical, and rather a sensible thing to do would be to leave wherever she is now, and go and visit an old friend just as Christmas came around the corner.

Just before she appeared away, Riley considered something and changed her course slightly.

She would need to pick up a Christmas present on her way.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Riley tumbled out of the fire place, with a lack of grace and the appearance of a new born giraffe with her long, slightly uncontrolled limbs.

She stood up and brushed off her jacket. She then came face to face with a pair of twinkling blue eyes.