❝i can tell that your heart isn't in it❞

❝i can tell that your heart isn’t in it❞

c h a p t e r    t h r e e

       "A drive-in movie?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

       Harry shrugged as he glanced over his shoulder, trying to park the car so that the trunk would face the movie screen. "Hey, I've always wanted to go to one," he said. "Besides, no paparazzi. We don't need the press involved with all this."

       All this being the fake dating thing, and Ashleigh. The band had decided to tell people about Niall's temporary amnesia, since it would be difficult to hide, but the Harry-Me-Niall-Ashleigh thing? Yeah, while it would probably make the front cover of most magazines, it wasn't exactly a winning story.

       He grabbed the keys and got out of the car, keeping his head down. There weren't any photographers -I don't think drive-in movies are celebrity hot spots- but that didn't mean there wouldn't be other people who might recognize him.

       "What movie is it?" I asked, following after him to the back of the car.

       Harry shrugged again. "Something horror, I think," he said, popping the trunk. He pulled out some blankets and pillows and handed them to me. Harry's car was one of those with back seats that could be flipped down to make a bigger trunk. Perfect for drive-in movies. He climbed inside, the turned back and took the blankets and pillows. I crawled in after him, helping him arrange them into a comfortable fort-like thing. We settled back against the front seats, and he pulled out a bag containing a bag of chips, packets of gummy bears, chocolate bars and a couple cans of soda.

       "Thanks for doing this, Harry, I appreciate it." A drive-in movie wouldn't fix everything, but it was nice to have a distraction. This was the most relaxing and normal thing I had done in the past couple week with everything going on. Even if it was a sort of fake date.

       Before he could reply, the door opened, making me jump. Louis poked his head in, a frustrated expression on his face. "Move over guys, I'm crashing your date."

       Well, now it was a fake date that had just been crashed by our best friend.

       I scooted over to make room for Louis. He crawled in beside me, leaving me squished between him and Harry. I'm sure a lot of their fan girls would love to be in my position, so I shouldn't be complaining, but it was kind of uncomfortable. The back of the car wasn't really big and they weren't exactly soft.

       Louis looked pissed off, but something about his expression told me it was best to wait a bit before asking him what was wrong. Besides, the movie had already started, distracting all of us.

       Thirty minutes into the movie, I was actually kind of glad I was squished between Harry and Louis. The movie was horrible. It wasn't scary, not really. There was just a lot of blood. And dead animals. And I don't like either of those.

       "Ew!" I screeched for the tenth time as one of the psychotic villains slaughtered a poor, innocent animal. Its guts flew everywhere, splattering the actors on screen. Oh my god, this is mentally scarring, I'm going to have nightmares forever, I swear. I dug my fingers into Louis arm as I hid my face between his shoulder and the pillow he was leaning on. The guys, being the cruel people they were, had stolen my pillow as soon as I had started using it to cover my face.

       "You okay?" I asked Louis, partially in an effort to get my mind of the horrifying movie, but mostly because I was genuinely concerned. He had teased and laughed, but he was still tense. Something was still bothering him.