Chapter 6

A/N: OMG. I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long.

***

I heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" I exclaimed. The door opened and revealed Beck looking awkward and out of place as he sauntered in.

"Hi," he said, sitting in a chair.

"Hi. This is Garrett," I pointed at him.

"Have you just been here all day?"

"Yup."

He nodded. "Don't you want to get out? Take a break? I know it must be hard."

"It is."

"So is that a yes?"

"Are you offering to take me out or something?"

"Yeah!" he decided.

I rolled my eyes. "No."

"Why not?" He looked shocked, like it wasn't normal for a girl to reject him.

"Because! My boyfriend is laying here unconcious after getting into a car accident that's partly my fault."

He nodded again. "I get it. But how is it your fault?"

"He was trying to call me when it happened." I told him, looking down.

"Well, don't be too hard on yourself. Do you want me to get you something, like coffee?"

"No, that's ok."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

We small talked for the next hour, and then I convinced him to listen to my once-every-three-months really deep life conversations. He, surprisingly, was a very good listener. We learned that we both have the same religious views, career dreams and over all outlooks on life. And yes, he got two cups of coffee from the cafe downstairs.