Chapter 18

"I was thinking maybe we could go somewhere. My parents are out with Fiona, and Emma and Rachel already have plans." Eliam was lounged out on his bed. He had been reading Velocity but it lay forgotten on the sheet next to him. I crawled in next to him and he let his arms drape around my waist.

It was only my second day here at the Dale's home and all my visit had consisted of was occasional conversations with Eliam's family and then cuddles. I was by no means complaining. It was possibly the best break I'd ever been on and I didn't want to see it end.

"What did you have in mind?" I asked. I let my eyes hover over by his bookshelves. Three copies of Moby Dick, the entirety of Harry Potter, books here and books there. I hadn't realized what a colossal nerd my boyfriend was.

"I don't know." He confessed, voice light and playful. "I'm allowed to use the car as long as I don't crash it and I'm not planning on doing that in the near future so we could start there."

"While that sounds like an amazing idea I kind of had other things in mind." I looked up at him with what could have only been mischief. He got the message and leaned his head down into the crook of my neck. Light kisses laid there woke me up and I closed my eyes against the feeling. It was euphoric. A bliss I'd never thought could belong to me.

I could see that things were moving somewhere. Eliam unwound his arms from my waist and flipped me under him. His fingers locked around my wrists as he lifted my hands above my head.

"I still," a kiss on my collarbone. "Want to go," higher up, closing in on my jaw. "Somewhere with you." His tongue traced my lower lip. I closed my eyes against the feeling and I could no longer keep in my sigh. Whenever I blushed it was always fierce and noticeable, today was no exception. Fuck you, pale skin.

"But look how much fun we're having." I pleaded, grabbing his lips with mine. He laughed, the action only shaking his chest. My fingers curled up the front of his shirt as he let my wrists go, framing my face in between his hands. I wanted this, so bad it hurt and now that it was here it didn't feel real.

"I want you." HIs voice was husky and desperate. Needy, but by the way he looked at me I'm sure my face was saying the same thing.

Slowly, he held himself up by his forearms, his eyes staring down at my lips. I couldn't look away from his eyes though. They were glistening, the light from his window illuminating them and making their honey tint shine like gold. I reached up, letting my finger trace under his eye gently. A smile curved across my face, small and shy.

Eliam turned his head, kissing my palm. A shiver shot up my spine and I could feel the blood rising up into my face.

"I think I'm in-" He was cut off by the door opening. Emma was on the other side, eyes wide but I could tell she was fighting off a giddy smile.

"Me and Rachel are leaving." She spat out, not even trying to hide the smile now.

"Okay, get out." His anger shown clear through his words. Emma didn't seem to notice.

"You guys can use dad's car, he called a little while ago but you guys were busy."

"Emma." Stern and he rolled off me, going to shut the door.

"Sorry I walked in on you and your boyfriend making out."

"Emma!"

"Use protection." She laughed and ran down the hallway back to Rachel before Eliam could yell at her anymore. He shut the door and came stalking over to where I was now sitting up. He sat down and laid his head on my shoulder. Given the difference in heights he had to slouch so he could reach me. I leaned against him.

"I swear I'm going to kill her." He said. I laughed softly and kissed the top of his head.

"Maybe it's a good thing. Things could have gotten to a point of no return." When I saw his expression I quickly explained. "It's just, do you want our first time to be when your two older sisters are home?"

"I guess you're right." He lifted his head up and I could tell he was better. His hurt gone.

"When am I not?" I laughed and so did he, tranquility in the sound.

"I still want you, Sam. I don't know if that'll ever go away." He spoke up. "No matter how many times we get interrupted by my sisters... or even Roman."

***

Somehow Eliam had convinced me to go somewhere with him. He was driving his dad's old truck, a Nick Cave cd playing. I was trying not to flip shit, but Nick Cave had always held a special place in my heart. At least ever since my dad died.

I hummed to myself when the songs I knew came on. I remember when I was little I was deathly afraid of the dark. I think just the possibility of something lurking in the pitch black was what scared the actual shit out of me. My dad had always sang to me when I came crawling into their room. My mother would always yell at me but he let me lay with him. He would sing to me, so quietly sometimes I wasn't even sure if he was actually singing or I had imagined it. He always hummed some old Nick Cave song.

"You like Nick Cave?" Eliam asked. I found myself blushing even though there was no reason to be embarrassed. He'd just caught me singing.

"Uh yeah. My dad used to sing it to me when I was little." I answered, most of my embarrassment replaced with nerves. "It was kind of our own little thing."

"Oh," he didn't say he was sorry. He didn't apologize for something he didn't have any control over and I couldn't tell him how much that meant to me. "I'm sure he was a great man. It sucks to lose people."

"Yeah."

A/N: Hello, lovelies! Thank you all for voting and commenting. It means the world to me. I've always felt insecure in my writing, even though I love doing it, and seeing that people actually seem to like the story has helped put some of those insecure feelings to rest.

Thanks! And enjoy!