Ch. 1 Home

(A/N: There are some facts from the actual show and some of its made up.)
(Dipper P.O.V)
I flipped through the clipboard that was laid out in front of me. I was getting tired of looking through the same old documents day in and day out. I wanted something new in my life, something better then sitting at my desk all day long. I sighed heavily and threw my head back in frustration. Covering my eyes with my arm, I thought about my life up to this point. It seemed like only yesterday that I had arrived in a small town called GravityFalls. In the short time of three months, so many thing had happened that it seemed to last forever. But one day, the man that was taking care of my sister and I disappeared without a trace. Having been living with a convicted felon, we were taken away from GravityFalls and brought into questioning. While my sister told the police everything she knew, it was a game of cat and mouse for me. I didn't want believe my Great uncle had done anything wrong and so I never said a word. Appalled pby own investigation skills, the head of the bureau desire to take me under its wing and train me. I excelled without even trying and soon became the bureaus best investigator. Eventually, the director stepped down from his position and handed the stick to me. I wanted to make everything a better place and started solving the most smallest of crimes from robbery to hostage takeovers. How did everything come to this? There was a knock on my door and it popped open a moment later. "Mr. Pines, this urgent letter was just dropped off."
I lifted my head up and stared at my rather boring secretary. If you were hoping some beach babe, you couldn't be more wrong. I took the letter and was about to give it back. It looked just like every other document I had looked at today. "Sir, the sender request that you read it immediately. I wasn't able to get her name,must she seemed pretty panicked about it." She left.
I looked at the plain white envelope that rested in my hands. What so important about it anyway? I shook my head and sighed heavily, and ripped open the letter. I pulled a pink slip of printer paper and felt a scowl form on my face. I opened the folded slip of paper and my eyes grew wide. I only had to read the first word. Only one word that brought back so many dead and forgotten memories. In bold hand writing with a heart over the I was my name Dipper. My jaw dropped and I cliched the paper tightly. Mabel...

Dipper,
     It's been awhile hasn't it. 8 years now, that's a long time. I know I should've contacted you sooner but I was scared I guess. I miss you. It's lonely here in GravityFalls without you. But that's not why I'm writing this now.
GravityFalls! Does that mean for the last 8 years my twin sister has been living in GravityFalls and I didn't even know it!? I was told she was taken back to my parents and they told me she ran away. I was lied to. I looked back down at the letter.

Something is happening Dipper and I'm scared. People of GravityFalls have been getting sick without a cause. I wanted to pass it off as a new illness but it's not it. This place has always had strange things happen and  it really worries me. I really need you to come back to GravityFalls and find the cause of this outbreak. Please.
I stared at the letter in shock and yet I was calling for my investigators. I would have them look into it and from there I would decide what to do from there. I looked back down and read the rest.

On a happier note, Wendy has been asking about you, Soos and even Robby. Which this might come as a shock to you but me and Robby are dating. Weird I know. To be honest bro bro. Our family just isn't complete without you or Gruncle Stan...wherever he is. I'll be delivering this in person but I'll be gone by the time you get to the end of this letter. Please come home Dipeper. Sorry, Waddles walked over the keyboard. I could have fixed it but it's kinda cute. Anyway. I hope you'll put my request into thought. I know your busy but we need you...no GravityFalls needs you.
I set the paper down and took a shaky breath. My door opened and three men walked in. After briefly explaining what I wanted them to do, the rushed out of the room. I stood up and paced me office for what felt like hours.