(18)Son of a Burgundy (Part 2)

Son of a Burgundy (Part 2)

I ran.

I ran out of the house and climbed into my car.

I didn't bother to tell my parents where I was heading. I'd fix that later. I'd fix everything.

Eventually.

The car started with a lion's roar and I reversed out of the driveway, not caring if I got in the way of on-coming traffic. I swung the wheel to the right and drove like my life depended upon it. I never took my foot off the accelerator- I was too afraid to completely stop. Because as soon as I stop, I would start to think again.

I can't think. I won't. 

I must've run past three red lights, but the fire kept licking at my feet, daring me to stop. I won't let it consume me- I won't let him. My mind was far ahead of me.

Time flew past, but not fast enough. I was surprised my parents hadn't phoned by now. They'd definitely heard the car's engine. 

I'm such an idiot for leaving them alone with him.

Or It.

What have I done? What are you doing?

The beach quickly came into view and I pushed the car even harder, carelessly wiggling through the traffic till the turn off. I swung left- the shore coming into full view.

I stopped the car.

And sat.

And waited.

And breathed.

What now? What do I do now? What can I do now?

Now, when I wanted to think and workout a plan, my mind refused to play along. My head pounded with rushing blood and I felt suddenly faint. Lifting one hand to press down the window and the other to press against my racing heart, I leaned back and felt a silent sob rack through my chest. 

The waves hit across the beach, not a care in the world. I watched in silence at the scene before me; waves crashed and reached up towards the sky- wild and free. A storm began to brew across the horizon; the clouds puffed smoke and begun to cry for me.

I don't know why I came here of all places.

Seeing as Trita and Sonya weren't there to confide in, I suppose the beach was my escape plan.

Still, I didn't know why I came here.

I could've just skinned the little monster, or hung him. No, no... I still didn't know how Thanatos inhabited (if that's the right word) bodies, so in hopes of salvaging my reputation and keeping me from becoming a satanic cat killer, I think this was for the best. 

But I hated letting him feel like he'd won- driving me out of my own house. My sanctuary. My room!

And he's dirtying my white bedding! That little dick! He thought I wouldn't notice.