Chapter 48

~~~{one week later}~~~

Today is the day where I finally get to come home with my family. My husband and two babies. I watch out the window and smile out of gratefulness. The doctor had told me I had a slim chance of having one child at all, let alone two. I can't thank the Lord enough for the family he has given me. I'll always be thankful.

Pulling into the driveway, I glare up at the beautiful house. As the car stops, I get out and make my way to the back of the van. I pull the door open to my two perfect angels. Kyra sleeps soundly as Marc sweeps her, cautiously, from the car seat. Rhys squirms around, but keeps his eyes closed. We haven't seen Rhys open his eyes yet, the doctors said it shouldn't be much longer.

Grabbing Rhys and the diaper bag, we head inside. Inside the nursery, the scenery had changed. Another crib placed on the other side of the room from the other crib. The room colors had changed as well. Blue walls with pink borders. Robots holding big sunflowers with a pink background.

I set Rhys down in his crib, Marc lays Kyra in hers. Silence fell over the room, while Marc and I tip-toed out. Marc approached the hallway window and glared outside.

"So what shall we do until they get here?" I ask, laying my head against his back.

"I should probably put a swing out there. A tire swing maybe?" Marc asked for my preference, over his shoulder.

Something snapped into my mind. I closed my eyes and sighed sadly.

"Are you sure? I mean, we already have to send Rhys through chemo once a month. What if he doesn't grow out of it?" I ask, my voice cracking between words.

I have hope, don't get me wrong, but I have to think the worst of things too. Marc turned to me with sympathy and hugged me closely. Kissing me on the top of my head, I saw someone pulling into the driveway. I pulled away from Marc and started downstairs to greet.

I opened the door to the entire group of avengers standing there. I smiled brightly as Dad pulled me into a bear hug, as well as Marc who caught up with me.

"Where's my niece and nephew?" Anna ran in and jumped onto Marc.

"They're upstairs asleep." He hugged her back as I greeted everyone else inside.

Loki walked inside and hugged me, "look at you. You look wonderful. How're the children?"

"Oh, they're a handful, that's for sure. Crying all night long. No sleep. No rest. No....anything..." I reply, spacing out.

"Stephanie, are you alright?" Loki snapped me out of it.

"Huh? Yeah....yeah I'm fine. I just haven't had a nights rest since they've been born." I respond, looking back over at Marc and Anna.

"I want to see my niece and nephew right now." Anna hissed, crossing her arms.

"Oh! Forgive me, Lady-Queen-Almighty-Above, for not reading your mind." Marc mocked and bowed down to Anna.

Everyone busted out laughing, and I couldn't help but laugh along. I hope this isn't how Rhys and Kyra are going to act when they're older. Although, I have to admit, it's good entertainment.

After the hysteria fell to silence, Marc retorted, "sorry twinzy, but I'm not a servant from Vanaheim palace. You don't have to treat me like one."

Anna squinted with a tint of hatred, as Marc ruffled her hair and started to the nursery.

I stayed behind, catching up with everyone and making small talk. It's nice to just have all of the family here like the old times.

~~~(Four Hours Later)~~~