Too Cheerful

Night one: Her smile was a bit too wide, a bit too cheerful, considering the blood on the walls. She smiled, reveling in the thrill. And then she tilted the lifeless face towards her. "I love you, Mommy."

And then I woke up. The dream deeply disturbed me. I didn't know what to think--I was shocked by the pure horror of it all. I didn't think I was capable of anything even close to this. I had always considered myself to be a good person, a person who tried to do the right thing, but this made me rethink my high opinion of myself.

Night two: Her smile was a bit too wide, a bit too cheerful, considering the blood on the walls. Her victim lay motionless on the ground. She sank down next to her victim, staring at the mess she had made with a large, joyous grin on her maniacally cheerful face. "You deserved it, Daddy."

And then I woke up. That was the second night in a row, and I was even more scared than before.

Night 3: Her smile was a bit too wide, a bit too cheerful, considering the blood on the walls. She got up and walked briskly back into the secrecy of the forest, leaving her unliving victim for someone else to take care of.

And then I woke up, shaking. Why me? Why was I always the killer? And that body... that was my sister. My older sister, the one I looked up to all my life. First my mom, then my dad, then my sister... Why?

Night 4: Her smile was a bit too wide, a bit too cheerful, considering the blood on the walls. A giggle escaped her lips, and she let it grow and grow, until it filled the whole room with it's insanity. "Let's play, little sister!"

And then I woke up, crying this time. Not my little sister. She was too small, too young, too precious.

Night 5: Her smile was a bit too wide, a bit too cheerful, considering the blood on the walls. Good job, it whispered, making her eyes crinkle in satisfaction. "You did it, you actually did it!" She said to the voice inside her head, hysterically cackling and fawning over the dead  body on the ground, the blood on the walls, the child screaming in horror.

And then I woke up, clutching my head. It's  ok, there's nobody there . It's your head, there's nobody there.

Night 6: Her smile was a bit too wide, a bit too cheerful, considering the blood on the walls. "That's what you get when you let your heart win," She sang, caressing the dead body's face.

I woke up, and looked at my bedside table. My old boyfriend's picture sat there, and I resisted the urge to smash it. We broke up two weeks ago, and I just never replaced the picture. And now, I had killed him. I saw my family as dead, and I couldn't control the shivers when they touched me.

Night 7: Her smile was a bit too wide, a bit too cheerful, considering the blood on the walls. And then she felt the blood on her hands, much stickier and messier than before. She laid, curled up on the floor, sobbing. She actually killed someone. This time, there was no waking up.

And thank you folks!! TA DA this is my SECOND ever horror story, and it's all thanks to felicityowens !! Anyway, how's my horrorness?