Chapter seven It's her first time!

We all went in the same car, we always did. It was cool because that gave me a chance to go over Jared's opponents with him. He knew most of them but it calmed him down if I talked him through it and the dads would mostly just listen, they barely corrected me anymore. I had taken on the role of coach quite proudly.

Most of the competitions had the other four there, which annoyed me no end. When I took notes I made sure to sit far enough back to see the fights without anyone being able to see what I wrote. Everyone knew who I was, and whom I was with, so mostly people left me alone.

Sometimes a brave guy would come up to me and have a chat but Jared made sure to stay at my side when he could. He kept most guys away and I now exactly knew why.

This competition was a big one and we met up with Cassie at the entrance. She was positively giddy, it was her first fight. Jared made sure to be in the middle of us as we walked in. There were a fair few second looks and Jared was loving the attention. We were early because dad was a ref, I kept my head down while Cassie twittered excitedly.

Jared went to change while I explained the setup of the fights, the rules and the leader board that showed who made the next round. She was bouncing.

"Why don't you fight here?"
"Cassie!" I groaned.
"Girls don't usually make it past the first round." An arrogant guy from one of our rival dojo's said.

"I bet that s_" I put my hand over her mouth and quickly said. "First timer, bit excited, we'll go now." Then proceeded to drag her away. "Shut up Cass or I will send your ass home!"

"If you ever get sick of hanging with those losers let me know Tanner, I'd do you!"

"All she'll_"
"NO Cassie!"

"FINE!" She snapped back. I dragged her away while in a softer voice she asked. "You could beat shit outtta him couldn't you?"
"Yes, but we don't tell people that. Think of me as Jared's secret weapon." I answered just as softly.

"Okay, cool!"
We went back to our crew after Cassie said a quick hello to my dad.

"Why did you bring the bag?"
"Habit." I replied as I watched the boys come out of the change rooms. Jared looked panicky as he came up to me.

"Iz. I can't find my tape! I was sure I packed it too." Jared looked around in a panic as he made his way to us. "I'm first up and I couldn't get any from the guys, they haven't brought enough spares. You know how dad gets if you don't bring all your gear, tell me you have some with you!"
I'd already dug out mine and started wrapping his fists. "You'll be fine. Just remember not to look at his feet. It's a false tell."
"Thanks coach." He said softly with a smile before running back down the steps.

"That is SOOO cute! He called you_"
"Shut up Cass." I glared as I saw the Derek and the twins walking up to us.

"Hello Ladies." All three of them said as one.
I laughed. "You been brain washed, Derek? You now gonne respond to Mr Holden too?"

Cassie laughed and the boys chuckled. Derek just looked at me with a straight face before asking. "What do you know about the guy you were talking to at the board?"
"He's an ass!" Cassie replied before I could form a reply.

Derek didn't look at her instead he asked. "Do you agree?"
Cassie was on a roll. "To the point that she was gonne kick his ass!" I groaned and put my hands in front of my face as she continued brightly. "He said he'd do her when she gets sick of the losers she hangs with. I don't think he knows that Jared is the National champion."

"He knows Cass," I said without looking up. "He was the second runner up after Derek and Jared."
"Oh? OH!"

"Uhuh, just don't talk again Cass."
Someone put an arm around me and pulled me to a rock hard chest. "I'll be up against him later and kick his ass for you." I looked up at a smirking Derek and shrugged him off. "If I ever do need it done, I'll do my own ass kicking thank you. Just go away."

He chuckled. "I'd love to see you try. Maybe you can teach Jack something, he's up against him first."

It felt like a challenge and it pissed me off, like I was useless when it came to fighting. Boys. I looked at Jack and told him. "He tenses his right shoulder before he hits and he shifts his shoulder back if he is gonne kick, he's left handed so that means his attacks are on your non dominant side. Fight him like you would Jake." I looked at the stunned faces and smirked. "Now Piss off, Jared is on the mat. I wanna watch him!"

Jared did great, as expected but Jack actually beat the jerk with the information I had given him, stunning the crowds. After his fight Jack and Jake ran up to us and Jack grabbed me in a giant hug while Jake grabbed Cassie. "Iloveyouloveyouloveyou!" Jack sang in my ear.

Jake just laughed as he hugged Cassie and said. "I just want to hug the pretty girl."

Jared stood behind Jack and tapped him on the arm. "Dude, mine!" Jack set me down and I snuggled into Jared's chest as he wrapped his arms around me. "You did good." I mumbled.

"Want to explain why he said he loves you?" He asked with his face in my hair.
"I might have told him what jerkface tells are."

"Dumbshit. What if it was the wrong guy?" It took me a second to catch on as he glared at me.
"I remembered him from nationals. You told me what his tells are to explain your fighting before you won the nationals. I thought the other guys knew too."

It was clear that Jared was on damage control for me and I played along.
"Crazy girl, if he had changed his style Jack would have died out there."

"Well he didn't and it's not like you told me to keep it secret." I pouted, putting my acting to the test.
He grabbed my face in his hands and moved my head further off his chest to kiss me on the forehead. "I know baby, I'm sorry."

I could see the twins bought it and thankfully D was on the mat.
The rest of the day went well, Jared won everything and he ended up fighting Derek to win the title. Derek was brutal but Jared was better technically . Derek didn't seem to mind as he congratulated Jared when he won. Jack made it to fourth place, Jake was twelfth and another fighter of ours was thirteenth. Mac had been knocked out after the second round. Overall a good result for our dojo.

I made sure Cassie was in the car on her way home before I went to find the dads so that we could leave but as I walked back, passing the now empty judges stand, I was roughly pulled aside into a conference room.

- - -
A/N

Hi, if you have a sec...
Comments? ...Anyone?
You would make my day!

XG