SIX

liam fell in a hole

THE AFTERNOON AFTER SCOTT AND Stiles interrogated Theo in the boys locker room, Emma sat in the library with the rest of the pack studying for her AP Biology test she had the next day.

That was until Stiles came barging in with yet another accusation. He showed the pack two slips of paper with a signature on each, claiming that they were completely different.

"This is Theo's dad's signature on a speeding ticket from eight years ago. And this is his dad's signature on a transfer form to Beacon Hills High School from just a few days ago." Stiles explained.

"How did you get his transfer form?" Scott asked his best friend, "You didn't break into the Administration Office?"

"No, I did not break into the Administration Office." Stiles claimed but after seeing the looks on his friends faces he changed his answer.

"Okay, I might have broken into the Administration Office. Can we just focus on the signatures, please? They're different. They're sort of different. They're completely different. Come on. Look. The garlands don't match, the undulations of the sinuous stroke are totally off. And look, look at this. Perfect example of the Criminal Tremor."

"Stiles maybe Theo is completely innocent and you're just wasting your time trying to find evidence that will prove him guilty!" Emma exclaimed upset that Stiles was going out of his way to prove her best friend wrong.

"So now, Theo is Theo, but his parents aren't his parents?" Malia asked after hearing Emma's outburst.

"Someone's not someone. And when I figure out who that someone really is, someone's in big trouble." Stiles defended.

"But no one's done anything wrong, Stiles please Theo is Theo Raeken from fourth grade, my old best friend, the boy you played little league with!" Emma said, hellbent on defending Theo.

Stiles stood stunned for a moment before continuing.

"No one had done anything wrong, yet. If Theo's parents are both psychotic killers then obviously, we should not trust him, right?" Stiles told the pack.

"My parents are Peter and the Desert Wolf." Malia pointed out.

"Okay... It's fine. You know what? I'll figure it out myself. Right? I don't need you or you or you." Stiles said before he began to shout. "I don't need anyone!"

Emma followed Stiles feeling bad that no one was on his side. She, along with the others, thought Theo was innocent, but nevertheless she followed him wherever he was going.

IT HAD TURNED DARK OUTSIDE AS Emma, Stiles and Liam roamed the forest following Theo. It had been the same forest where Scott had been bit and Emma remembered the night clearly.

"I told you he was up to something." Stiles said confident that Theo was up to no good.

"We just spent three hours watching this dude play video games in his bedroom. He better be out here covering up a mass murder." Liam told the human boy.

"Let's find out. You still got his scent?" Stiles questioned the young beta.

"Don't need it." Liam said before he suddenly stopped walking.

"What? What's wrong?" Emma asked the werewolf.

"I forgot, I was supposed to meet Mason at the school gym." Liam said standing there, a look of guilt on his face.

"Okay, why didn't you just tell him?" Stiles asked.

"Tell him what?"

"Anything."

"I can't just tell him anything."

"Why not?"

"Because I haven't... I haven't told him everything."

"Still? We said it was okay." Emma told the boy.

"Yeah, I know, but it's not that easy. It's a lot to accept." Liam told her shrugging his shoulders.

"He watched my dad blow up a Berserker with a land mine. I think the groundwork's been pretty thoroughly laid for acceptance. Scott and I have been through this. Okay? More than once. It's always been better when they know." Stiles told Liam and Emma couldn't help but agree thinking back to how many people had joined the pack since Scott was bitten.

"But what if he freaks out? What if he doesn't want to talk to me? What if he tries to stab me with something silver? Or what if... " Liam began panicking.

Emma heard a loud thud before turning around to see that Liam had fallen into a hole.

"What the hell are you doing?" Stiles asked.

"I... " Liam began but was interrupted by the sound of footsteps.

"There he is. Hurry up. Stop screwing around." Stiles said seriously, briefly glaring at Liam.

The three peaked behind a large tree to see Theo standing on top of a bridge, a white flower in his hands.

"Come on. Try and get his scent. Get anything?" Stiles asked Liam.

"Soap. It's nice. It smells good." Liam replied.

Emma let out a small laugh, there was much Liam still needed to learn about being a werewolf.

"Not his soap, his emotional state. Chemosignals, remember?" Emma reminded him.

"Oh, yeah. Okay. I... He's sad. He's sad? Well, not just sad... It's more like grief. Grief?" Liam told.

Emma's eyes widened along with Stiles.

"Oh, my God! Go! We have to go." Stiles panicked turning to leave.

"What? Why?" Liam questioned.

"Go! Right now. Just go. That's the bridge where they found his sister." Emma said fastening her pace.

"What sister?" Liam asked once more.

No one asks more questions than Liam, Emma thought.

"The one that got lost and died from exposure. He's leaving a flower for her." Emma told the sophomore.

"That doesn't sound evil." Liam said confused.

"That's because he's not evil." Emma said slightly annoyed.

"What you guys doing?" The three looked up just in time to see Theo himself jump off the hill and land in front of the three

word count: 976

Updates will become more regular and longer

Thank you for 6k read, love you all !