Chapter 1: Rebel

"Admit it Kabuki. You like Genji." Kittie, the mayor, teased. "I do not!" Kabuki scoffed, blushing. "Why are you blushing then huh?" Ellie chimed in, the mayor's close friend. "B-because it's a silly idea that's why!" Kabuki said quickly, more blush crawling on his face. "We see the way you stare at him." Kittie said a smile creeping on her face. "How do I look huh?" Kabuki bellowed. "You have a grin on your face with some blush and your eyes start to sparkle." Said Ellie. "OUT! Out my house NOW!" Kabuki roared shoving them to the door. Kittie and Ellie were laughing as they were kicked out the house. "What's all this noise for?" Genji yawned and stretching. He just woke up. Late like usual. Genji doesn't wear clothes to sleep. He only wears his underwear and that's pretty much it. Kabuki tried his best not to stare. "D-did you hear any of the conversation?" Kabuki trembled. "No just you yelling to get some people out the house." Genji replied. Kabuki sighed relieved. "Ok..well go eat...food's almost cold." "Alright see ya later then." Genji said quickly and went to the kitchen to eat. Genji said the sentence so fast it sounded like he said, "Love ya later then." It sent Kabuki in a series of blushes which he tried to hide. "Did he said 'Love ya later then'? Oh God..I'm going nuts," Kabuki thought to himself. Kittie and Ellie were looking out in the living room window watching the whole thing go down and chanting, "Kabuki likes Genji!" at the top of their lungs laughing their butts off. Kabuki drew the blinds down grumbling. "I hate those girls.." He muttered.

Kabuki went off to go training for his next battle with Pekoe in a few weeks, trying to get his mind off of Kitte and Ellie. But mostly Genji. He tried everything to rip his mind off of that rabbit but nothing worked. He was desperate for help. That's the reason he called in Kittie and Ellie. They seem like good people to talk to about this. They got people to fess up on how they feel for each other so maybe he could of helped him. Such a disappointment. Kabuki slammed his foot against a dummy for practice which went soaring across the yard. He growled with rage at himself. "Woah what did that dummy ever do to you?" Genji said from behind him sipping some water. "Uh...it existed." Kabuki said lost for words. Genji laughed. "Well take it easy you're gonna break it...again. It's going to be the fifth time this month." He smiled. Genji liked watching Kabuki beat the crap out of their dummy. His sensei was pretty fantastic. "What are you waiting for? Aren't you gonna practice with me?" Kabuki asked. "Well as you can see...I'm mostly nude and I can't risk getting my balls kicked inside out by you." Genji stretched again which made his muscles flex. Kabuki's heart fluttered. "Ok well...get dressed and do it quickly." Kabuki ordered. "Yea on it sensei." Genji said coolly going back inside and getting dressed. "Why do you like him?! Why him you don't got a chance with him! He hops from person to person each month save yourself from him!" Kabuki's mind buzzed. But his mind wasn't lying to him. Genji was a big player. He brings home different people each month and loves on them. Few weeks later he's looking for someone else. Kabuki sighed and punched the dummy across its faceless head. Imagining it was himself trying to knock all those thoughts of Genji in the clouds.

"So are you going to the Firework festival tonight Genji?" Kittie asked "Ah maybe. I'm gonna see if Kabuki wants to go, if he doesn't I won't go. I want to go with a friend." Genji replied. Kittie and Ellie smiled. They got a plan. "You really should go! It's so much fun! Kabuki would love it!" Kittie exclaimed. "I know a great spot to watch the fireworks! You should also make it a surprise! I will even set up the spot for y'all!" Ellie exclaimed. "Really? Well I can't pass a deal like that ok we're coming then." Genji smiled "Yay!" Ellie and Kittie screamed and jumped up and down happily. "See ya there!" Genji waved and left to go back home from walking to get ready for tonight.

"Hey Kabuki." Genji said getting in his face, distracting Kabuki from his book. "What?" Kabuki said, keeping his tone steady. "I'm taking you somewhere. You're gonna like it." Genji said smiling. "What would that be?" Kabuki asked. Genji moved closer to Kabuki's face, their noses touching. Kabuki blushed greatly. "Guess you're gonna find out." Genji grinned and licked Kabuki's nose playfully. "G-genji!" Kabuki fussed wiping his nose off. Genji laughed. "Then get up and come on!" Kabuki set his book on the coffee table and got up. "Ok ok fine." Kabuki groaned following Genji. They got into Genji's car which is filthy on the inside. Full of random stuff Genji doesn't even need. Trash littered the floor. "Ew..you need to clean this thing." Kabuki looked at the floor disgusted. "Hey I got a system I'm fine." Genji said as he dusted a burger wrapper off his steering wheel while driving. "Yea..sure you do." Kabuki rolled his eyes at Genji. "Where was that place Ellie said to go...Oh! There it is!" Genji said talking to himself. "Wait Ellie sent you here?!" Kabuki panicked. "Yea she said it's a nice spot. She packed food to." Genji said and parked his car. "Genji I'm not sure about this.." Kabuki mumbled. "What no you're going to have fun!" Genji said cheerfully. "Come on stop being so stern and have some fun for once!" he cheered at Kabuki. "Fine, fine." Kabuki groaned. Kabuki got out the car and followed Genji. He walked shaking as he looked around, trying to find any sign of Kittie's or Ellie's presence. He saw a purple ear perking up from a bush with two shiny orbs of glass protruding through the leaves and branches of the bush. "Oh no." Kabuki's mind rang. "We're here Kabuki!" Genji gleamed. He spread his arms out at the cliff, the spot that was told to be great for firework watching. "More like great for seeing me get embarrassed." Kabuki's mind popped with tiny firecrackers of fear and excitement. Kabuki walked slowly to the quilt that was laid on the evenly cut grass. A large woven basket was in the middle of it, from where he was standing he could smell the noodles and rice that was sitting in the basket, waiting to be eaten. "At least they got good food to make up for this shitty occasion." Kabuki sighed, thinking it to himself. He sat on the blanket next to Genji. The blanket was incredibly plush for its thin appearance. He sat at a distance from Genji, trying not get too close and make things more awkward than they already are between them.