6

"You're unfair," I muttered grumpily, as we walked down the hall towards the meeting room.

All I got in response was the expected laugh, and Luciano's hand on my face, though only to check the scars that were coming in nicely, as he admired his handiwork with a gentle smile - or, a glare rather, but it was almost a fond one when he was looking at the disfigurement on me.

"You needed to be punished anyway, not rewarded. Flavio just... set me back on track, I suppose."

I couldn't help but snort. "Please, you were willing to 'punish' me - just in a different, more enjoyable fashion - before he walked in. And quite frankly-" Here, my pout turned up into a suggestive smirk- "I would think you were going to like it if I didn't know any better, Luci-agh!" I choked as one of Luciano's hands closed around my throat and he shoved me up against the wall, my head making contact with a solid crack, and I was only mildly aware of Luciano holding a knife to my throat as he looked at me as if he hoped I would crumple up dead in his grasp.

"Never imply something like that ever again. I do not love. Love is an emotion felt only by the weak, not I - I am above such a disgustingly soft-minded thing."

His voice was lethal and level, but I could see the tiniest quiver of fear tucked behind his eyes, and I could practically feel the tremor in his hand restricting my breathing: Luciano was terrified of loving someone as much as I loved him.

He released me and turned away to walk into the conference room, though I knew he caught my glare as I rubbed my neck to ensure his fingerprints were not permanently indented into my skin. I knew though that he could never understand that my glare was not rage over what he just did, but rather over what he did not do, what he may never do....