1

I jump at the ringing that woke me from my sleep, quickly realizing that it is Saturday morning and 7 o’clock I grunt and grab my phone off of my nightstand trying to figure out who is calling me at this ridiculous time, and to no surprise it's Bree, only a best friend would call at this time on a weekend. I think a minute before answering the phone and quickly realize that I know Bree and if I don't answer she will call back, so I put the phone to my ear and without having to say anything she screams “ get dressed I'm almost at your house you're going shopping” I don't say anything I just close the phone.

As I roll over and stare at the ceiling I try to find the energy to drag myself out of bed, and thinking about how terrifying starting school in exactly three days will be. My Senior year probably the scariest year of school I have ever started! As of right now I have bigger things to worry about like getting dressed before Bree drags me out of my bedroom. I look at my phone real quick and I've been laying on my bed for ten minutes now and I have no time to shower. Tights, leather jacket, and messy bun it is, as soon as I finish my makeup my phone makes a quiet “ding”  I open it and read the text message from Bree, “here”.

As I close my bedroom door I can hear my mother’s footsteps coming down the hallway and her say “honey were are you going this early?” I give her a soft smile and reply “ Bree wants to go shopping for senior year,” she gives a slight smile of approval and walks back into her bedroom and I head for the front door.

   After spending my day with Bree shopping and talking about our senior year it only made me more nervous. sometimes I want to be one of the popular kids but that would never happen because I go to West High and to be popular you have to have money and that was something I didn’t have a lot of, I'm not poor my mother always make sure I had what I need but I was never really able to afford expensive clothes, purses, and cars. I guess that's the downside to living on the poor side of the city but going to the private school.