Chapter 4

They made their way along the streets of Tokyo, getting lost in the bustling twists and turns but eventually finding the desert cafe. "There it is! Look!" Hinata pointed, grabbing hold of Kageyama and dragging him along, pushing open the glass door. The cafe was very much volleyball oriented, with volleyball themed drinks, food and decoration. "Ahh Kageyama! It's even cooler inside!" Hinata exclaimed, eyes wide with excitement.

"We were supposed to take a break from volleyball, stupid," Kageyama rolled his eyes, but kept quiet while they were being seated as he usually let Hinata do the talking. Once they had sat down the waitress offered them large menus. "When you're ready to order just let me know!" She said with a smile, walking away to serve other customers. Hinata began to read off the menu, as loud and as over-enthusiastic as ever. He held it openly, and suddenly exclaimed, "Kageyama look! You can get 'setter sundae's' and 'spiker sodapops',"

Hinata couldn't help but to read energetically off of the list, eyes glimmering. Kageyama was also in his own world, sifting through choices. But the orange-haired boy just seemed to get louder and louder, Kageyama was beginning to notice all the sideglances and sometimes little laughter at the boy's enthusiasm. He interrupted him before Hinata could go any further, "I do have eyes, y'know," He pointed up at them, before resuming his search down the menu. After a few minutes of silence Hinata asked, "Kageyama, do you know what you'd like?", and with a nod from Kageyama he called the waitress over to take their orders.

"Welcome to our special Volleyball Desert Cafe, how can I help you?" The waitress smiled at them and followed every procedure as she was taught. It was mandatory to present them with that same issued, practised greeting no matter who they were. "Uhm.. can I have the Volleyball Court Cake?" The waitress nodded, scribbled a few notes down on pen and paper and turned towards Kageyama. "And for you?"

Kageyama stuttered, he had it planned out in his mind but it was now all awash. "U-uh, can I have this," He pointed to something on the menu named 'libero lolly'. "Sure thing! I'll make sure to deliver it as quickly as I can," The waitress smiled, walking away to go and organise their meal.

"Kageyama, that looks yummy! Can I try some?" Hinata asked, referring to the colorful ice lolly shaped like a volleyball that Kageyama had recieved earlier when the waitress returned. Kageyama considered it, and then nodded, holding it out and allowing Hinata to lick it quickly. "Ah it's so nice!" Hinata smiled, a content expression written all over his face. Kageyama looked away, embarrassed as he saw Hinata smile so brightly at something he had offered. "Want some of mine?" Hinata asked, offering a piece of his "Volleyball Court Cake" out to him. Kageyama nodded, opening his mouth as Hinata put it in as if he were feeding a child. Kageyama nodded, "it's not bad," he remarked. They chatted away for a while, rather, Hinata chatted away while Kageyama listened and responded occasionally.

Eventually finishing their meal, the woman came back to give them their receipt. "Did the happy couple enjoy themselves?" She said with a wink. The two sitting at the table froze, Kageyama's entire face went red while Hinata stuttered softly "I-Uhm- We're not.. Dating.." Kageyama glanced at Hinata, Is he blushing? Kageyama could have sworn he saw a blush on the smaller one's cheeks. The waitress looked shocked, and apologized over and over again "I'm so sorry! You just looked so comfortable and close to one another I just assumed!" Hinata laughed awkwardly while Kageyama sat opposite in silence, his blush just dying down. He chuckled to break the ice a little as the waitress walked away with an embarrassed face after they had paid for their food.

"Ha ha.. It'd be weird if we dated, right Kageyama?" Hinata joked, but Kageyama was still a little quiet as they walked out of the cute cafe. They made their way along the streets, walking through various markets and browsing through different shops. Each and every one was indivual and interesting on it's own, and Kageyama had to convince Hinata from buying anything too stupid or unnecessary.