Chapter 12

"K-Kageyama?!" Hinata called out hoarsely, both hands reaching towards him as he tilted. Stumbling greatly on a large rock, the smaller boy fell on his side, and as he did he was shoved back by pure force of the stormy wind. This gave him unsteady balance, and momentarily his eyes caught Kageyama's. Panic.

Then he fell.

Kageyama had been stuck, frozen, in the matter of seconds Hinata had fallen off. His body stiff and all considerate thought paralyzed. He then dashed forward, faster than he had ever ran before, with an intensely sick feeling jittering up and down along him. Dust clouds filled with dirt trailed behind him as he pushed through the wind, and the oncoming rain. It drenched him throughly as he reached where Hinata had fell, instinctively diving over the edge with no regards to his own safety.

He hit the water with the sea crashing over his head. The violent waves brought have back under every so often, as he flailed around to gain his balance. Once he had calmed down slightly, he looked around, tears clouding his vision. It had all happened so suddenly, so stupidly quickly, he had no time whatsoever to devise a proper plan. "K-Ah-Agh-Gey-Eugh!-Yama!" He heard a distant, croaky cry to his right. Kageyama's head turned rapidly, pushing through the water powerfully as he swam towards the noise. His body felt heavy, heart rushing and mind pulsing with thoughts, worries, questions. The water was filling his throat and his nose, it made it throb with pain as he coughed loudly. Two familiar arms were waving, thrashing about in an attempt to keep himself above water. "HINATA!" Kageyama yelled as loud as he could.

Hinata couldn't see. The water clouded his vision along with his distressed tears, and his throar hurt from swallowing so much water. It had all happened in such a fast blurr. Was kageyama here? He could hear someone come closer. Suddenly, someone grabbed his arm. Then his waist. Then he pulled Hinata closer, wrapping one arm ever-so-tightly and pulling the spiker closer. Hinata knews these hands. Knew this figure, this touch. And he opened his blurring eyes, coughing repeatedly, clinging to his special spiker tightly. He prayed that Kageyama was okay, and that they would be safe soon.

The waves were still furiously knocking against Kageyama, but he was using all his strength to make sure Hinata didn't get hurt. The rain poured down on them, and Kageyama looked around worriedly. He had Hinata now, thank God. But where would he go now? The beach was too far, he could only make out the line of yellow if he squinted. He then spotted a small opening in the cliff, a cave that seemed to be protected by a large barrier of rocks. It was safe from the sea, and the waves weren't going to get any higher anyway so it looked fine. Kageyama pushed his way through the violent waters, with a determined heart he hauled both of them up. Putting Hinata up first, he then grabbed onto another rock to lift himself out of the water, but then slipped back down. He had banged his chin, and cursed under his breath, trying again successfully.

"Are you okay?" He whispered, with Hinata responding and a small nod. He could tell Hinata was hurt, and therefore Kageyama carried him carefully inside the small opening. The entire cave was slippery, with drops of water echoing every now and again. The stone felt cold, but the rain and heavy waves were only distant noise now. Kageyama lay Hinata down slowly, the most concerned expression ever written all over his face as Hinata spluttered out another round of water. Slipping inbetween realms of consciousness and unconsciousness, Hinata looked up at Kageyama affectionately, never giving up on his setter. "You rescued me.." He spoke tiredly yet fondly, while Kageyama nodded, pulling him so that Hinata's head rested against Kageyama's lap. The cold stone made Kageyama shiver as he leaned against it, but he didn't care about that right now. "Did you think I was going to just let you go like that? Don't be a dumbass," Kageyama teased, stroking Hinata's head slowly with a soft touch. "Kageyama, it hurts.." He frowned, spluttering again. His chest and throat felt like they were on fire, and everything else but Kageyama was spinning in his vision. He had taken in too much water and hit the ferocious waves with such a great impact, but the pain seemed to be dying down now.