Chapter 7

"Nishinoya-Senpai, that's so cool!" Hinata exclaimed loudly, eyes shining wide with excitement, fists clenched. "It is, isn't it! What do you think, Asahi-San?" Nishinoya asked with a pleased smile. He had just recited a 'mega-awesome' story about a close save during a tough volleyball match, and Hinata couldn't get enough of it. Ennoshita and Tanaka were holding in laughter. The truth to the story was much more entertaining and slightly less magnificent on Noya's part, but they didn't want to shatter a poor first year's dreams about his senpai. The entire team were laughing inwardly, but still listening intently to the small libero. Spread out around the circular dining table, each of their chosen breakfast meals were placed neatly in front of them, and they were about to eat when Nishinoya had started his rather long-winded story. The hotel restaurant was a posh-looking place with seemingly delicious food. Or at least, it smelt really good. This would be their last meal at the hotel, as they would be moving on to a new spot tonight.

Asahi nodded with a genuine smile, "It sounds like you did a great job," He ruffled Noya's hair, making Kageyama flinch a little and dart his eyes away. "Ruffle mine too, ruffle mine, Asahi-san!" Hinata enthused, receiving Asahi's gentle pat-on-the-head. It was very reminiscent to the dream Kageyama had had, and he couldn't bare to remember it. The thought of Hinata and him being friends seemed so distant and long ago, it was hard to believe that it happened only yesterday. And yet, it seemed to the both of them like an entire decade had gone past. The two of them, drawn together like magnets, couldn't stop thinking about it.

Halfway through the meal, after the table split into smaller discussions, Tanaka asked Daichi in his rather loud voice, "So Daichi, where's our next stop?" The rest of the team was also intrigued, and turned their heads towards Daichi. Conversation simmered down. "Now, now, we thought it should be surprise!" Suga interrupted, waving dismissively. "Please, don't bother with that. Just continue eating!"

"I'll bet they don't even know, they're probably just winging it," Tsukkishima laughed, and Yamaguchi laugheg gently with him.

An hour later, Karasuno had packed their bags and checked out of the hotel, filing into a new coach. This one was slightly smaller, black and shiny from a recent car-wash. This coach would be taking them only most of the way to their next destination, and then the group would have to walk for fourty minutes to get to the next town. Hinata frowned as he remembered he would have to sit with Kageyama again, but found a solution. As Kageyama took his seat by the window, at the back, Hinata chose to sit on the other side. There were three empty seats between the two first years, both looking out their windows. If either were to let their eyes wander, it would only lead to them meeting.

The drive was long, and Hinata couldn't get the idea of being snuggled up with Kageyama again underneath a blanket out of his head. The sweet thoughts swarmed his mind, though he knew he would have to get over Kageyama sooner or later. "Hmpf," Hinata sighed, a hand under his chin as he watched the scenery begin to whiz past his window. "What's wrong, Hinata?" Sugawara asked softly, he had come over to check on the two, surprised to see them separated. He hoped, deep down, that this wouldn't last long. Daichi had told him what Kageyama had said yesterday,  and Sugawara glanced over quickly with a concerned expression, before looking back at Hinata. He sat next to the small boy, his hands together in between his legs. "I don't know.." Hinata shrugged, sulking a little, but with Sugawara's persistent eyes he gave in. He pulled Sugawara closer and talked quietly, not wanting Kageyama to hear. "Kageyama and I had a fight, yesterday morning. I wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but he said all these... Horrible things to me. And I can't bear to speak to him. It'll only make it hurt more," Sugawara took note of the last line, hiding a smile. He patted Hinata on the head, receiving an upset expression from Hinata. "Hey, hey, listen, it's okay. I'm sure there was a reason Kageyama said those things. Did anything seem off about him? Is there something, perhaps, he wanted to tell you?" Sugawara stood up, and walked away with a wink, resuming his spot by his loveable Daichi. Hinata thought about Sugawara's stressed words for a while, but came to no conclusion. Sure, Kageyama had been talking about Hinata in a romantic way, but he had snatched those feelings back so viciously Hinata wondered if he had heard incorrectly.