My Little Cloud 9

Two years had passed. Sirius and I were still dating and James still stayed by our side. We were older now and thing had changed so much. The nightmares that I had were now out of the picture all together. The transformations were not as bad as they used to be. I thought it was because Sirius had stayed by my side for so long. Maybe.
      The Yule ball was tonight and after many days of waiting Sirius asked me if I would go with him and of course I said yes. We got down to the great hall and the house tables were gone and a ball room had taken its place. The hall had transformed into something amazing that words can't begin to describe.
     We danced through many songs and the night had begun to end. That's when Sirius stood up. I looked up with a confused expression on my face but he reassured me.
"Hello my fellow students and teachers." He began to speak with that sweet voice of his. "I think it is safe to assume that you people think that I'm a irresponsible person who has no intention of getting a job I'm older." I was even more confused now. "Well, you're probably right. But, there is someone very special to me who always tries to keep me in line and makes me overwhelmed with joy." He said. "And that, my friends, is my dearest boyfriend, Remus Lupin." People were staring at me now. "He has been there for me through everything. As am I to him." He said. " I will never stop loving you for the rest of my life." My heart was beating a little faster. What was he doing?
     "And that is why, I would like to ask you, Remus John Lupin...." My heart was skipping beats at this point.
      Sirius got down on one knee and smiled with tears in his eyes. "Will you marry me?"
       That was it my heart just stopped.
     I stared in silence for what felt like hours. Everyone had their eyes on me. Finally after several seconds, I finally managed to slip out that one special word.

                          "Yes!"