Chapter Twenty Eight: Rot in a Hole

It's been a couple of weeks after the incident that happened between Garrett and I. We haven't spoke to each other through that time. We occasionally made awkward eye contact with each other. My life felt empty without him.

I sighed, as I scanned through the ice cream options in front of me. Sana and I were at an ice cream parlor, celebrating the fact that our exams were over and the first semester was finally completed.

"I can't decide," I whined to Sana. "I don't know which one I want more, strawberry cheesecake or red velvet flavored ice cream."

She rolled her eyes. "Pick strawberry cheesecake."

I nodded my head. "Alright."

Sana began ordering her chocolate mousse flavored ice cream, and I quickly whispered to her. "Order mine too," I said.

She sighed, saying my order to the cashier. He quickly whipped out our orders in a matter of seconds. We walked to a table at the corner of the ice cream parlor.

As we were both seated comfortably, and stuffing our faces into our ice cream, Sana turned to face me. "Okay, now you can tell me what the deal with you and Garrett."

I promised her that I would tell her what happened between us, after her constant interrogation.

I squeezed my eyes tightly. "Please promise me you won't make a big deal. By that, I mean don't scream, or don't jump out of your seat, got it?"

Sana scoffed. "Come on, I'm not that dramatic," she said, waving her hand.

"Says the girl who nearly broke her phone after listening to One Directions new album," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Hey! That was a great album. Anyways, please tell me what happened, I can't handle the pressure," she begged.

"Alright, fine," I took a deep breath before beginning my story. "So Garrett and I went to watch Dilwale at the theatre," I began, but Sana started to interrupt me.

"Excuse me, what? You watched Dilwale, with Garrett freaking Parks?" She questioned, raising her eyebrows. "How come I wasn't aware of this?"

I gave her a sheepish smile before continuing my story. "So, it was a great movie and all, and he dropped me home." I began getting nervous to begin talking about what really happened.

She stared at me intensely. "What? What is it? Why did you stop?"

I took a large bite out of my ice cream, and swallowed hard. "So, out of nowhere, he said that," I stopped talking and looked down.

"Nafisa you are killing me! Tell me!" She yelled.

I glared at her. "Aur unchi bolo, Sana (talk louder, Sana)."

She literally growled at me. "You are keeping me at the edge of the seat."

"He said he wanted to kiss me," I quickly said, and looked out the window. "Wow, great weather we are having!"

"What?" Sana shrieked, jumping out of her seat.

I slumped in my seat. I knew I shouldn't have told her in a public area, as everyone's eyes were on us.

She sat back down, realizing her mistake. "I'm sorry, but did I hear you correctly? I don't know whether to slap you, or congratulate you."