Chapter Twenty Nine: Forgiveness

Garrett's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, and immediately felt pain in my head. I groaned loudly, as I got up from the bed I was sitting on. I scrunched my forehead in confusion, scanning the environment around me. Where the heck was I?

I tried to familiarize myself with my surroundings, but I couldn't understand where I was. I tried to remember what happened last night, and suddenly I remembered that I was at the party.

I opened the door to the room, and tippy toed down the stairs. As I got downstairs, I instantly began to smell spices.

"Garrett, you are awake!" I heard someone say, catching me off guard. I turned around, and saw my dad staring at me, with relief evident in his eyes.

I looked at him confused. "How did I get here?" I asked, rubbing my head in pain.

"Do you feel pain? Come sit down, I'll get you some water," he said, pushing me onto the sofa. I reseated my head against the wall, and shut my eyes.

"Garrett, I'm so glad you are okay. Here, take some water," I heard another voice say. I opened my eyes and saw my stepmother peering over at me, with a smile.

"Thank you," I said quietly, taking the glass of water, and gulping it in one whole.

"So what do you want to eat? I can make an omelet for you, or–"

I shook my head. "No, I don't eat egg often. I'll take like cereal or something."

She looked at me, confused. "You don't eat egg?"

I shrugged. "Yeah, my mom never really fed me egg for breakfast."

"Well at least eat some almonds and dates. Hold on, I'll bring it for you."

I nodded my head slowly. My dad soon took a seat next to me. "Do you want to tell me what happened last night?" He asked.

I sighed, rubbing my forehead. "Whatever happened last night, I totally regret–"

"Would you like to tell me what happened?" He asked again, sounding stern.

"Okay," I said, keeping my head down. I was at a party last night," I confessed, fiddling with my hands.

My dad looked at me for a moment. "Why?" He asked, quietly. "I thought you gave up that lifestyle, Garrett."

I sighed in frustration. "I did."

"Then why were you at the party last night?"

"Because of a girl," I said without thinking.

My dad looked surprised, as he began to lean back. "A girl? You went to that party for a girl?"

"Not for a girl, because of a girl," I explained, as my stepmother walked over to me, holding a plate of just almonds and dates. I took the plate in hesitance. What a weird combination.

"Thank you," I said, stuffing a date into my mouth.

"What do you mean? Did this girl tell you to go?"

"Yeah," I said, staring out the window. "She did."

He looked at me, as if he wanted to say something to me, but closed his mouth, and kept silent. I ate my dates and almonds, and received cereal from my stepmother.