Chapter One

I stand over the ledge and watch the water down below. My clothes are dripping wet from the cold rain and I'm shivering uncontrollably. I glance up at the full moon through my tears. The moon hung high in the sky, large with glowing light. I always enjoyed the view of the moon and especially all the small stars. It gave me a sense of hope. Hope that not everything in this world is evil.

The wind begins howling and it blows my long hair behind me. I let the feeling of it fill my mind and I try not to dwell on the fact about what I'm about to do. After all these horrible years, I have finally faced reality. My life wasn't going to get better, no matter how much I prayed or cried about it. Suicide looked like my only answer.

I turn my back away from the cliff and spread my arms wide. This is real now. All the times I dreamed about this very moment, has finally came. It sounds sad, but I'd rather leave this world then suffer in it. I began counting down from three and welcome the feeling of calmness, feeling it spread through out my body.

"One. Two. Three." I whisper into the windy night. I fall back and my body is free falling in the bitter, cold air. My eyes are closed and I smile softly. I'm in the air for what seems like a few seconds, before I hit the surface of the cold water. Pins and needles spread across my body, along with intense pain. I hold my eyes shut as the pain succumbs to darkness, but oddly the darkness has never made me feel so at home.

***

I catch the scent of something tangy and my eyes open unwillingly. The rocky wall above me confuses me. The celling of my closet I sleep in doesn't look like this at all. "You're awake." A rough voice to my left whispers. I strain my sore neck towards the mans voice in fright. "I won't hurt you. Can you tell me your name?" His voice once again whispers and I am surprised that even in this situation, I feel shivers of delight slither up my back and caused me to take in a quick breath.

The room, I guess you would call it, is dark and I can barely make out the man beside me. I began breathing heavily and the warmness of the room becomes overbearingly. "Shh, calm down. If you don't want to talk that's absolutely fine. But I would like you to at least tell me your name." His tone is worried and I began to loosen my tense shoulders. I wait a few seconds before I talk, to settle my thoughts and breathing.

"Who are you and where am I?" I ask finally when I get the courage. I cringe at the sound of my dry, scratchy voice. "My name is Ky. You're safe, that's all you need to know." He responds and my heart flares. I reach my hand out to feel my surroundings, but all I feel is a soft, fur like cot. I hear a shuffle towards the direction the man is talking and I back up quickly against the rock wall.

The man is close enough to where I can make him out a little. His hair is a little long and looks black, but that could just be the way it looks in the dark, and I can make out the muscles of his chest and arms. "I won't hurt you, I promise." He leans forward a little bit and my heart jumps. It's hard to say, but he looks like he could be extremely attractive.

"Did you kidnap me?" I hear an intake of breath and he makes a low growl. I widen my eyes at the animalistic sound and hold my hand against my mouth, so I wouldn't whimper or scream. "I did not kidnap you. I stopped you from drowning. If I wouldn't have saved you, you wouldn't be alive right now." His angry voice startles me as the memories began to flood back. "I tried to commit suicide," I whisper and he once again makes the growling noise. I cringe in fear and he lets out a rugged sigh.

I watch him run his hand through his hair and he suddenly stands up fast. He walks away from me quickly and I hear a sudden rip that sounds like clothes being ripped apart, and a loud thud that shakes the floor beneath me. I let out a whimper as I hear something run away into the darkness, the loud thuds leaving me guessing that he fled. Where did he go? Is he coming back? The thought of never seeing him again for some reason pains me. I don't even know this guy, but I have gut feeling I'm going to like him. If he comes back...