Chapter Six

Unknown Pov

"Sir, we have found her." My beta informs me two hours after I sent my two best tracker wolves on a search for the missing girl. "Bring her to me." I instruct and turn toward the window that on looks the pack houses. "Sir, we don't have her in custody." I snap my head around to face my beta and lock my cold glare on him. He flinched and looks down in submission. I almost smile cruelly.

I walk forward calmly and notice him shift on his feet. I make him nervous, just like an Alpha should make his unequals. "Come again? You told me you found her. Why is she not in our custody, if you found her!" I boom in frustration. I hear him let out a quick breath and he bares his neck slightly. "Sir, she has found her mate. He killed Jacue and Rege. We found the bodies on the beach, along with her scent and a powerful male's.

"We traced their scent to a cabin secluded in the cliff. They fled minuets before we arrived." Mitchell's voice cracks at the end and I let out a growl. "Where were they heading?" He replies shakily, but with confidence, "Silver Star." I smile wickedly and turn my back toward him and begin to walk back to the window.

"Get the car. We're going for a visit."

***

The cold air around me beckons for me to wake up. I hesitate before I open my eyes to the night sky. I'm laying on something warm and soft to the touch. You're awake. How do you feel? My mates voice is rough and I sit up off my stomach, where I was laying on his back, and straddle him steadily. He looks behind him and locks his eyes on mine. I nod my head and shrug, holding back the unwanted tears. He cocks his head to the side, but doesn't push-noticing my uncomfortable emotion about what happened.

He informed me that we were making our way to a boarding pack to grab supplies and possibly a place to rest. I had asked Ky why he was a rouge and why he didn't have red eyes like... The other rouges. They weren't rouges, they were trackers. All trackers have red eyes. The red eyes mean they can see better than any other wolf and can also smell better too. I nod my head in understanding and bite my lip. I want to ask him more questions, but I think they can wait until we get to our destination.

"Are we safe, Ky?" I ask softly and when I don't get a direct reply, I know we must not be. I want you to know that I'll do whatever I have to do, to keep you safe Kalena. You are my mate, my soul mate, my other half. I'll always protect you and I'll be damned if someone threatens your safety. Trust me. "I do." He seems content with my answer and speeds up his already fast pace. What am I going to do?

The forest is dimly lit by the full glowing moon and fireflies dance around in the slight breeze. My mind needs some rest from all this stress, so I concentrate on the sound of the crickets and little mice. I begin to wonder about old family and if they are trying to find me. I look around the forest and realize I know the only thing I'll miss back home. My free rein with the forest in my backyard- well my old backyard. I suddenly think of a question to ask Ky, that might help calm my nerves. "Ky-" My question is cut short by an engine rumbling close to where we are jogging. I widen my eyes the same time Ky looks back with anger. They found us.

My heart jumps as he begins running at incredible speed through the trees, dodging and jumping over branches and boulders. We stumble on a log that sends me up in the air, before I land on my stomach back down on Ky. Hold on Kalena, we are almost to the border. They can't trespass, but we can. I tighten my hold on his fur, letting him know I understood and I bury my face into his warm fur.

The truck isn't a match for Ky's speed so I'm not worried about that, but I'm worried about the growling and breathing on our tail. I don't look back, but I know the wolves are trailing us. We need to get to the border and quick. I don't know how long Ky can keep on running like he is. I'm honestly amazed and freaked out at how fast he can run. A half a mile and we're there. Don't worry about me. I'm trained to run for miles.

All I can do is let him do his thing, and stay out of his mind so I won't distract him.