Chapter Five

*Ky's Pov*

I watch Kelena frown in her sleep and it makes my wolf whimper. What happened to our little mate? "I don't know, but I intend on finding out." My wolf subsides into the back of my mind and I feel his uneasiness. I take her hand lightly and smile when I feel the familiar tingles from her soft touch. She is so fragile, but confident in the same way. She's exactly what I always imagined my mate to be like.

Her long brown hair is surrounding her heart shaped face and I take notice in how her hair isn't perfectly straight, but it kind of curls inwards at the end. I notice how she has freckles only on her nose and some across her cheeks. Her full lips are rose colored and they match her ivory colored skin. I notice everything. How can someone be so cruel to a young, beautiful girl like her? Or anyone in that matter.

I sit down beside her and restrain myself from holding her small body against my chest. Her eyes flicker behind her eyelids and I can imagine looking into her dark hazel eyes. Every time I look her in the eyes, I imagine all the memories we're going to make with one another. Thank you moon goddess for such a beautiful mate. I will teach her how to love again.
---------------------------------------------------

I wake up feeling a lot better than the day before. I get up off the cot and stretch my cranky muscles. The smell of b.o. makes me gag and I realized I haven't had a shower in three days. I also needed to change clothes too. Ky's over large shirt just doesn't cut it anymore. I walk out of his bedroom and scan the living room for my... Mate. The house is silent and I began worrying. Where is he?

The cottage is vacant and my heart pounds in my chest. What if the wolves got him? I sit on the couch and put my head in my hands. I need to stop assuming things before I give myself a heart attack. Could I try talking to him, like he talks to me through his wolf? It wouldn't hurt to try. Ky? I ask in my mind, but I hear nothing besides my inner thoughts. Well, that's unfair.

Ten minuets pass by and I really begin to worry. Maybe I should go look for him and stop sitting here worrying myself to death. I get up from the couch and walk to the door, which happens to be in the living room. I open the door and gasp. His cottage is literally right by the lake. I shield my eyes from the sunlight and step out on to the pale sand. I scan the beautiful view, looking for him or perhaps his wolf.

After I make sure the coast is clear and realize Ky's no where to be seen, I walk to the lake bank and sit on the soft sand. I bury my feet deep into the sand and lean back on my elbows. Weird thing about the weather, it's always changing. It was cold a couple days ago, but now it's sunny and possibly almost eighty degrees. Just the way I like it actually.

I must have dozed off a little because I suddenly wake up when I hear a stick break, the sound comes a few yards away from where I am laying. I snap my eyes open in alarm. I swirl my head to the left and widen my eyes in fear. Oh my god. A huge black wolf stands only a few yards in front of me. It watches me with its deep red eyes and it steps forwards, causing me to scramble up onto my feet. It growls and takes steps toward me slowly. I am too scared to move, or do anything but stare in shock.

"Kelena!" Ky's voice is behind me and both me and the wolf snap our head to his urgent voice. The wolf lunges and I hear Ky pleaded yell, "Run!" I take off running toward my mate and he shifts just as I meet him. I slide beneath his shifting body as he lunges and I scream just as the two wolves crash into each other. They began rolling, snapping, and clawing at one another and I almost pass out when I see chunks of flesh land beside me feet.

I look around for some kind of weapon and spot a branch a few feet away. My hands grasp the heavy limb, just as another huge wolf busts out of the forest. This one is smaller and sandy blonde, but shares the same red eyes as the black wolf. It one swift motion the three wolves attack each other head on. My mind goes blank as I watch the three fight, and I no longer can breathe. Think. Think.

Ky howls in pain and it snaps me back to reality. I have to do something! I have to help him. Before I back out on my sudden plan, I pray to god that my mate and I will win. With my branch held high, I run head on towards the sandy wolf. He lunges to tackle Ky, who has the first wolf pinned down, but I meet him first and bust him upside the head with a large swing. The wolf falls to the ground unconscious and it makes the black wolf look my way.

The wolf howls in anger, as it struggles below my mate. Ky takes the wolfs moment of weakness and he makes his final attempt to stop the wolf. He wraps his canines around the wolfs neck in a slit second and before I know it, he rips the head clean off and spits it to the side.

"What the he-" I fall limp to the ground and pass out as I hit my head on a cliff bolder.