Chapter Two

I wait for what seems like hours, for Ky to return and explain why I'm here. A normal girl would try to escape the second she sees an opening, but where would I go? Who would I tell? I tried to commit suicide for a reason. I wasn't happy where I lived. I didn't feel like I belonged anywhere, until oddly now.

My life has always been rough. Each day, I would come home from school to my abusive family and would clean, cook, and suffer beatings until I was told to go to my room. I could have lived with all the chores, but being beaten by your own parents and siblings? I don't even want to think about what finally made me snap. It's too painful to think about.

My spot on the warm cot is comfortable and I began thinking once again about Ky. If he wanted to hurt me, wouldn't he already have, would he have saved me from the water? I freeze at the last though and a cold chill runs up my spine. How did he save me? It was a fifty foot drop. Wait.. He mentioned if he wouldn't have smelled me, than I would be dead. I lay down on the fur, before I pass out from the sudden thoughts.

I must have doze off because the next thing I know, I'm being shook awake from my dreamless sleep. "I got you some food and fresh water." Ky's voice is low and close by. I mumble something incoherently and I hear a soft chuckle. "Are you not thirsty or hungry?" I open my eyes quickly and the light blinds me from seeing anything. "Erg, wh-what time is it?" I ask rubbing the sleep away from my eyes and open them again. I gasp aloud when I meet his soft, brown eyes.

My mind clouds over and all I can do is stare at this overbearingly, attractive man. His brown eyes shows compassion, but I can tell he's put up a sort of protective border. His shoulder length, dark brown hair is wavy and looks soft to the touch. My eyes drift to his lips and I lick mine at the same time he does. I look backup into his eyes and I'm surprised to see wanting.

"Uh, right. It's about noon." He answers my question at the same time he looks away. Something deep inside of me feels hurt that he turned away, but I push the feeling back and continue on observing him. He's extremely tall, about 6'7 or a little taller, and pleasantly fit. His muscles bulge under his plain grey t-shirt and I suddenly look down at myself. "Where's my clothes?" I ask in shock. I'm dressed in a overly large, black hoodie. "Drying." Oh.

We eat in silence and I can't help the constant feeling to look up at him in wonder. He lives in a stone cottage, but has the looks of a billionaire. Huh. I wonder why I have never seen this cottage or him before? My village is small, but we own a large abundance of land and if I'm not mistake, this cottage is exactly on the edge of our farming field.

"Would you like more water?" His velvet voice snaps me back to reality and away from my old home's memories. "Yes, please." He smiles at me and my stomach does a little flip. He hands me a glass of water from across the table and I gladly accept it, but as I took it out of his hand our fingers touched. Sparks of warmth expanded from his touch, all the way up to my cheeks where I blushed furiously.

"Sorry," I mumble while taking a bite of the toast he made. "Don't ever be sorry, for anything at all." I look up from my bite and I meet his hard brown eyes. I flinch and avert my eyes toward the fireplace and watch the flames roar around each other. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I just don't like you saying sorry, when you have done nothing wrong." He takes my hand, that isn't holding toast, and once again the sparks soar up my arms. He places are entwined hands in the middle of the table.

"I know you must be extremely curious as why you're here. I'll answer all your questions, as soon as I get finished with what I'm about to tell you. Okay?" I nod and he smiles faintly. His eyes hold hesitance and I squeeze his hand in reassurance. He glances up from looking at our hands and he meets my eyes with curiosity. I shrug and give him a small smile. For some odd reason I feel completely calm with him.

"Okay, I guess I'll first start off by explaining what I am." I raise an eyebrow, but nod for him to continue. "I'm a dyer werewolf. Don't freak out just yet, please let me explain myself. I can shift into a wolf, but I still have control over myself just like when I'm in human form." My mind goes blank and his eyes tell me he's telling the truth. "And?" I gulp and he frowns a little. "And what? You're taking this better than I thought." His brown eyes are locked on mine and they hold what looks like admiration, but I can tell he's hesitant.

"What else? Does the moon control your changing? Is it true that you have red eyes? What do you eat? How fast can you run?" I start naming off questions excitedly and his eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "You believe me?" His voice hold shock and I almost smile. "Of course I do. I can tell when someone's lying and you're not, so yeah." My voice is small but confident. "Uh, well there's something else I need to tell you." He says while letting my hand go and I frown when my hand feels cold again. I nod and he bites his lip. I stop myself from staring at his action and look him straight in the eye. "Go for it."