Chapter 2

This is probably shit considering my mental state but who cares

*~*

Alex rolled his shoulders back, hearing a few satisfying clicks in his back. "God, I am so sore still."

Amy giggled from where she was lounging on a branch, one leg hanging down and swinging back and forth. "Not surprised," she yawned, winking at him. "The amount of sex you had last night...phew."

Alex threw himself on the sparse, yellow grass underneath Amy. She had proclaimed that tree boughs were inherently superior to the ground, so now she lay a few feet above him with a notebook and iPod clutched in her hands. "Good sex though," he pointed out, closing one eye to look up at the bright blue sky.

"Better than History with Barakass," Amy replied, tapping on her iPod screen and putting something vaguely familiar on to play loud.

Alex frowned a little at the nickname, but then remembered he was no longer emotionally attached to Jack and let it go. "What's this song again?" he asked, closing his eyes for good.

"Therapy. All Time Low."

"That's what I need and what I currently am at," Alex mused. "Appropriate." He pulled out a few blades of grass and dropped them mid-air, watching them float away in the breeze. They were as far away from the school buildings they could be while still being on school grounds, skipping History in favour of lounging on the back fields.

"You need to spill the beans." Amy dropped down from the branch with a soft thud and rolled next to him, throwing her legs over his so they were intertwined. "You were so sad when you joined. Then you were so happy, then so sad again. What happened?" She poked him in the chest and then settled her head over his heart.

"I started seeing someone, then he dumped me, then I decided he wasn't worth it but in fact he very much was and is and now I am sad."

Amy was silent for a few moments. "Well, fuck," she said finally. "I...don't know what to say to that. I mean, I've felt heartbroken but that was when I was seven and Dominic told me that India was prettier than I was and I cried for three hours straight because I thought Dominic was Christ incarnate."

"That's an interesting nugget from your past," Alex said lightly, trying to blink away his tears that the memories of Jack had brought up.

"Yup. And then the second time I was eleven, I downloaded Tinder, I met this guy and after talking to me for over a month, he suggested meeting up; then we met up and he went "oh, you're really ugly in person", I cried for several hours on the bus home and then was sad for like three months."

"Firstly, don't meet up with strangers. Secondly, what photo did you use?"

"A picture of Cara Delevingne," Amy admitted sheepishly. "When she was younger so nobody would recognise it. But that was, in hindsight, an incredibly stupid thing to do."

"No shit, you fucking slice of cheese," Alex said languidly, tapping her head as if testing whether it was hollow or not.

"Don't call me a slice of cheese. Now, tell me about this dude."

Alex sighed. "Okay, so...he was really great to me. He always treated me like I was made of pure gold, he worshipped the ground I walked on...and he even made me not want to self-harm anymore. He made me diet plans and I stuck to them, the sex was mind-blowing and the love he gave me...I just, felt amazing."

"Then why did he break it off? Were you not doing enough in return?"

"I thought I was...but obviously not. He just ended it."

There was silence. The sun moved behind some clouds, and Alex shivered at the sudden blast of cold air. "Let's move on to something happier," he said, wanting to get Jack out of his head again. "I saw you last night, at that party; who was that guy you were with?"

"Oh, him?" Amy smiled, rolling onto Alex so her torso was pressed against his. "He's called Josh, and he was a little drunk, and then he...well, he spent a lot of time giving me pleasure and every time I tried to do something back, he refused. Don't know why, but I enjoyed it. And he gave his number and said we should meet up some time."

"So what, you're going to date?" Alex asked, genuinely curious about this. Amy had never dated anyone before, she had just slept around and broken people's hearts.

"Nope. Friends with benefits." Amy snuggled into his neck, her breath warm on his skin. "I need sex, Alex, I need it a lot and sometimes it's just bad. I need good sex."

"Me too." He tried not to remember that the best sex he'd ever had was when he was riding Jack, pleasure overwhelming both of them. Or that time in the bath, or that time against the kitchen counter.

Distantly, a bell rang. Amy groaned and slid off him, placing her hand on his chest. "Next lesson," she said softly. "We should go."

"We should," Alex agreed, but only absent-mindedly. If he went back into school, he might run into Jack and if that happened he might cry and then he might have to die. So going back to school was high up on his list of "maybe nope" things at the moment. The decision was taken out of his hands when Amy hoisted him up and handed him his school bag.

"Double Biology," Amy said, far too cheerfully. "We get to learn about hearts today!"

"Why are you so excited."

"Because Dr Enfield doesn't give a shit if I leave the lesson!"

"Why is that so thrilling?"

"I ask to go to the toilets five minutes in and he'll be so wrapped up in aortic valves that I can wander around school for the entire two hours and he won't even notice. Which means you can too."

"What are you suggesting?"

Amy's eyes shone. "I'm suggesting we fuck in the toilets for the entire two hours, and then when we can't walk properly to go to our lessons, we can just skip for the rest of the day."

Alex considered this carefully. Sex and no school vs. no sex and school. Tough decision really. "I think you have the right idea, Ms. Shore," he said, and ran back to the school building, Amy hot on his heels.

He ran in through the back door, holding it open for Amy, and then ran smack into the one person he didn't want to meet. Faintly stunned by the fact that he had literally bumped into Jack's chest, he heard Amy coming up behind him and stopping as well.

"Oh, um, your lesson..." she began, in a vain attempt to avoid a detention.

"Detention for both of you," Jack said, his tone broking no argument. Alex finally dared to look up into Jack's stern expression. He had looked just like that when he was trying to convince Alex that he was beautiful. His heart fell to the floor.

"I have a doctor's appointment after school," Amy piped up. Alex had no idea whether this was true or not, but he knew Jack wasn't going to accept any excuse from him unless he had a written note from whoever he needed it from with him.

"You have it tomorrow, then. Go to your lesson, Amy." Amy fled, patting Alex on the arm and taking the stairs two at a time. "Alex, detention tonight. Four to five. Don't be late." He didn't even look at Alex when he said any of that, and then stalked off back to his classroom.

Dreamily, Alex stared at his butt for a few minutes before heading towards Biology as well, looking forward to the distraction of sex.

*~*

For all of you that are wondering

Amy is an actual person I made friends with

And although she is not called Amy

She did what Amy is doing

More will be revealed later

Maybe you'll even like her

For now feel free to hate on her

Also thanks to heyimreallyawkwrd for the cover!!!