Chapter 12: A Demon's Decision

Bill was silent for a moment, and you gulped slightly. You were starting to feel a bit more nervous, perhaps it wasn't your best decision to say that but... Then again you did mean it. Bill finally made a small 'tch' noise, as if pushing rwhat you said aside. He did almost actually, and considered advancing on you once more. However he stopped himself, he couldn't believe he was choosing to do this, how unbelievably foolish of him.
Bill took a step back from you, causing your (e/c) eyes to widen in shock. You honestly were bracing for the worse, and didn't expect Bill stop like he had. But don't get me wrong, you weren't complaining.
You then heard Bill sight, as if in irritation.
"I can't do it..." You heard him mutter irritatedly, his eye then wandered up towards yours, his thin cat-like pupil meeting your curious eyes.
"I can't do it (y/n)..." He let out another small sigh and tapped his gloved fingers against his black pants, a thoughtful look now upon his face.
"I have a... Oh what do humans call it... A very strong endearment towards you."
You titled your head slightly at his sudden confession, your cheeks started to heat up as your felt a blush rise to the surface.
"You mean love?" You questioned, even though you already knew that's what he meant. You wanted to hear the demon say the words. You then could've almost sworn you saw a bit of pink rise on Bill's cheeks. Wait, was that right? Could demons even blush, was that a think they could do?
"Yes... I love you." He said somewhat quietly, yet the words still reached your ears. You smiled, and your (e/c) eyes lit up. You ran over to the demon, engulfing him in a hug. You nearly giggled when you heard him give a small gasp.
It took you a moment to reply, but eventually you did with an.
"I love you too." Bill titled his head to the side, almost if confused.
"Really? You do?.... Ahah! I didn't think you would after all that, but I am the best demon after all." At this you rolled your eyes slightly.
"Well I wouldn't say that, we wouldn't want to get ahead of ourselves." A small playful frown made Bill's lips dip down.
"Are you sure I'm not the best demon?" He asked, to which you had to contain a snort of laughter at how he sounded when he said that. You hummed, as if thinking about it.
"Maybe someday you'll be." You said, before glancing up at him, a smirk was now on his lips again, appearing as if he was thinking of some things.
He then finally took his arms and wrapped them around you in return, causing you to give a soft smile and snuggle your face into his tuxedo-clad chest. You were enjoying the peaceful quietness until Bill had to go and open his mouth once again.
"Aha, so now we can go and take Dipper's journal together, right?" You looked up at him, a sigh escaping your lips as you gave him a slight shake of the head, causing your soft (h/c) hair to shake slightly as well.
"No Bill, no we cannot go and take Dipper's journal. Can't you just leave him alone for once?" You answered in return, causing Bill to raise an eyebrow.
"Hm.. No, I don't think I can." He said simply, causing you to simply think.
'Oh what have I gotten myself into? I suppose this is what I get for falling in love with a demon.' Though after thinking this you soon heard another voice echo through your head.
'I can read thoughts you know.'

A/n: Hello my wonderful readers!! Sorry again for the short chapter, I had a bit more but then for some reason wattpad deleted it on me :( so I was left fixing it, and could only get this. But I do hope you enjoyed! I think this was the perfect chapter to come to a close in my book, but don't worry, I'm planning to do an epilogue for the real final ending cups yet I suppose. Then at the end of that I'll announce any sequels and/or new books I plan on making or even are in the process are making, that way you guys can maybe get excited for any of my new stories or check out some other words. Thanks again so much for reading, bye!
~Alyssa.